Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

7 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

What does it look like for the new coach coming in? Roster, facilities, schedule, etc.?

The facilities are an embarrassment, to be blunt. 

There has definitely been some good elbow grease put in by folks in and around the program, but both field houses should be demolished and rebuilt new. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

The facilities are an embarrassment, to be blunt. 

There has definitely been some good elbow grease put in by folks in and around the program, but both field houses should be demolished and rebuilt new. 

I would be curious if that is a money issue or a lack of attention to detail by those making the decisions. 

• Like 1

Just now, EagleRare20 said:

I would be curious if that is a money issue or a lack of attention to detail by those making the decisions. 

It's a mixture of both, IMO. 

It's my understanding there have been opportunities to upgrade facilities with possible donors, but those opportunities have fallen through for one reason or another. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It's a mixture of both, IMO. 

It's my understanding there have been opportunities to upgrade facilities with possible donors, but those opportunities have fallen through for one reason or another. 

Can they not get some of that Buffalo Trace money?! LOL. If they were willing to donate and revamp I'd name the field after them!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleRare20 said:

Can they not get some of that Buffalo Trace money?! LOL. If they were willing to donate and revamp I'd name the field after them!

I'd never thought of that but it would be worth a try. The field is literally two miles from there. You can smell the mash while you practice. 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This was one of the first things that came to mind for me...not that I don't think the situation obviously sucks for Craig, but talk about a guy who won't have any problem finding a gig elsewhere.

He will definitely coach again if he chooses to do so. 

• Like 1

I feel like this is a job that a solid young coach would be interested in taking.  Somebody who can come in and energize the program and maybe get some kids out that aren't playing and possibly slow down kids leaving to go play at Franklin County.  In order to do that the school system has to be willing to update the facilities in order to prove they are willing to support the program.  If the facilities are as bad as people are saying it still might not be enough because from what I have seen Franklin County is doing what needs to be done to support athletics.

5 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I feel like this is a job that a solid young coach would be interested in taking.  Somebody who can come in and energize the program and maybe get some kids out that aren't playing and possibly slow down kids leaving to go play at Franklin County.  In order to do that the school system has to be willing to update the facilities in order to prove they are willing to support the program.  If the facilities are as bad as people are saying it still might not be enough because from what I have seen Franklin County is doing what needs to be done to support athletics.

FHS, doesnt have a big district, most of their roster were kids from other districts the last several years.. I can think of 6-7 off hand that had played at FCHS this past season being starters. 

6 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

If the facilities are as bad as people are saying it still might not be enough because from what I have seen Franklin County is doing what needs to be done to support athletics.

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison to Franklin County. FIS is a tiny district. They'll likely never have the resources that County and Hills do.