Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Sower Field can be an awesome atmosphere with a good crowd.

The last time I went to the field was probably 2 years ago and the biggest opportunity I saw was more the location of the field is surrounded by a decent amount of houses that might be vacant/condemned.  I wonder what the appetite would be to gobble up any of these non livable lots (houses) and tear them down to open up some space around the field for more of an "open feel" that you could use to either build something for the complex or throw more parking for attendees of the games.  I can't imagine any of these houses surrounding the field has any "historical" restrictions to not tear them down......

2 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

The last time I went to the field was probably 2 years ago and the biggest opportunity I saw was more the location of the field is surrounded by a decent amount of houses that might be vacant/condemned.  I wonder what the appetite would be to gobble up any of these non livable lots (houses) and tear them down to open up some space around the field for more of an "open feel" that you could use to either build something for the complex or throw more parking for attendees of the games.  I can't imagine any of these houses surrounding the field has any "historical" restrictions to not tear them down......

No, but then you run into financial hurtle. Which was one of Foley toughest issues. Independent school system doesn't have abundant money flowing in... Also the may looked condemned someone may live there but this is one of the area in FHS district.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

No, but then you run into financial hurtle. Which was one of Foley toughest issues. Independent school system doesn't have abundant money flowing in... Also the may looked condemned someone may live there but this is one of the area in FHS district.   

Exactly right. If FIS had the money to buy up those houses and tear them down, they could revamp the facilities. 

• Like 1

This job still has not been posted to the district website or on KHSAA.  Are there any in house candidates that are up for this job?  Has anybody thought that maybe it wasn't that Coach Foley was looking at other jobs for being let go or that he was pushing for the district to make improvements in the facilities and they wouldn't back him?  A coach with his reputation would have strong community support and when the community starts putting pressure on administration we all know how that usually works.  A superintendent especially a new superintendent might not want a Head Football Coach with more support and pull than they have.  Just something to throw out there.

33 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Frankfort will almost surely take a step back in coaching with this change. I will be very surprised if they find a replacement that is near as good as Coach Foley. 

It's possible... it'll be tough. Whoever it is community has to buy in.💪

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Speaking of community... What has the relationship been like between Frankfort High football and FYFL lately? 

Well, That's one of the questions that are still up in the air... The Frankfort Bengals and former staff (Coach Foley staff) were in communication but as of right now we're playing the waiting game. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Just wondering, I know there is steps to hiring a new coach but, is there a time limit?  Does the Job have to be posted for a certain amount of days or weeks?

In public schools, I believe the standard is having the job "publicly listed" for a 30 day application period before a new hire can be made. There's a caveat to that, though, that if they are hiring someone from within, so someone who already works within the school district, they don't have to necessarily follow the 30 day policy.

I'm pretty sure there are some school districts that have added their own additional requirements on top of that...some won't start interviews until after the job has been posted for 30 days, or they can add on additional time to the application period.

• Like 1