Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

25 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I tend to agree with this. MAYBE CCH can get to 21 if they can get the passing game going a little more than normal. However, I feel good about the defense keeping HHS in check regardless of who they have in the backfield.  I'll say 17-7 CCH

If we can get the screen game going better to Hummel and Zion to get them in space, I can talk myself into getting to 21. Like you said, I feel really good about our how our defense has been playing and it’s up to players like Wilson and Jones to take over, which they have the talent to do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

If we can get the screen game going better to Hummel and Zion to get them in space, I can talk myself into getting to 21. Like you said, I feel really good about our how our defense has been playing and it’s up to players like Wilson and Jones to take over, which they have the talent to do. 

I have consistently heard hype on Zion Mason over the past couple years. He has 57 yards rushing averaging less than 4 yards per carry. He has caught 9 passes this year for 108 yards. He is the 3rd best receiver on the team statistically. Is this the game he breaks out? Why?

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

When it comes to the CovCath passing "attack" this year I don't put anything on the receivers. 

To answer your question VoR, I doubt it, CCH just doesn't have it throwing the ball this year. 

True, but he is the third best receiver on the team. Second, he has 15 carries for 57 yards. That is 15 touches with a chance to make something big happen. The CCH offense needs help. Is getting Zion more touches the answer? Can they find a way to get that big play from him? 

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

True, but he is the third best receiver on the team. Second, he has 15 carries for 57 yards. That is 15 touches with a chance to make something big happen. The CCH offense needs help. Is getting Zion more touches the answer? Can they find a way to get that big play from him? 

I think it goes back to what @CCHFCsaid, CovCath has to find a way to get the ball to their playmakers in space.  The question is will they be able to do it. 

I don't know about the rest of you here at BGP but having this game as a first round game is exciting. 

• Like 5

Did some research to add some data to this feeling that Cov Cath is the next coming of the 85 Bears the following is total rushing yards against them:

Beechwood= 220

Cooper = 207

Lex Cath = 143

Conner = 113

HIghlands = 102 **after a few series everybody realized we were not passing the ball and still ran for 102

My point is with some brand new added wrinkles in this offensive scheme by the Birds, I think the offense will be moving the ball much better.

I also LOVE the fact that the current vote tally has 71% with Cov Cath winning and 29% Birds winning....Had to look back at what the pundits were saying before the Cooper game, Cooper was 66% to win against Birds 33%.

I love it!  Go BIRDS!!

Revising prediction based on new info:  Birds 24   Cov Cath 14!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Did some research to add some data to this feeling that Cov Cath is the next coming of the 85 Bears the following is total rushing yards against them:

Beechwood= 220

Cooper = 207

Lex Cath = 143

Conner = 113

HIghlands = 102 **after a few series everybody realized we were not passing the ball and still ran for 102

My point is with some brand new added wrinkles in this offensive scheme by the Birds, I think the offense will be moving the ball much better.

I also LOVE the fact that the current vote tally has 71% with Cov Cath winning and 29% Birds winning....Had to look back at what the pundits were saying before the Cooper game, Cooper was 66% to win against Birds 33%.

I love it!  Go BIRDS!!

Frank! Frank! Frank!

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think it comes down to if Eddie is willing to take the risk of trying to get the ball to those playmakers with the inconsistencies they've had at QB. Does he need to do it to win the game? You've got Zion who could be a game breaker, also Sullivan and Wilson at TE with great size, plus Holtz whose got great hands and size. To this point he hasn't trusted the passing game enough to really go for it, and hasn't really needed to in most games. 

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Beechwood= 220

Cooper = 207

Lex Cath = 143

Conner = 113

I love it!  Go BIRDS!!

I think the talk about the CCH D from my perspective is referring to the points allowed/rushing D over the last several games, and, most importantly, the fact that Noon was held to just 84 yards on 25 carries last game. Oh and now there will be a soph QB making his first playoff start.

Revised prediction based on new info: CCH 28 Birds 6!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I think it comes down to if Eddie is willing to take the risk of trying to get the ball to those playmakers with the inconsistencies they've had at QB. Does he need to do it to win the game? You've got Zion who could be a game breaker, also Sullivan and Wilson at TE with great size, plus Holtz whose got great hands and size. To this point he hasn't trusted the passing game enough to really go for it, and hasn't really needed to in most games. 

On this point, I believe CCH will have to, to win a state championship so sooner or later it will either be go for it, or go home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Beechwood= 220

Cooper = 207

Lex Cath = 143

Conner = 113

I love it!  Go BIRDS!!

It’s probably due to the fact that over the last 7 games, the only time we’ve allowed more than 14 points in regulation was to Beechwood, who has a 5th year senior QB that won Mr. Football and is at a different level athletically than our guys. It’s safe to say we’re playing pretty well. I think Cooper has 2 of the 3 best running backs we’ve played this year and outside of 1 long TD run of around 95 yards, we held them in check. 

• Like 2