Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

6 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Here is another thing to chew on.....

The last time Highlands held Cov Cath to single digits and LOST, 1994 = Cov Cath 7, Highlands 3

Highlands came back with a Big Stick and crushed Cov Cath, 48-18

Let's go BIRDS!!! 

Also-get your facts straight. Yes, in the 95' regular season Highlands blew up CCH to get a rebound win from that 42-7 regular season win. But CCH's 7-3 win in the 94' playoffs, was merely matched by a 3-0 win by HHS in the playoffs in 95'. That scorecard is not completely populated.

4 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Just watched that 1995 game.  That was fun!  

Frisk, Lickert, Mason.....what a show.

AND where was it? Cov Cath.....you can't make this stuff up.

You are right-26 years ago. Again, in the playoffs it was 3-0. You just can't make that stuff up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agreed. His numbers would have been absurd if he played more than 2 quarters a game! I would love to know how many carries he averaged a game and his yards per carry. 

He is still a good friend. I wish circumstances didn't preclude him from coming back to CCH.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

For the most part that is accurate, but Jones and Sullivan when on the same field together at LB punish their opponents.

Sullivan has been the rock of the defense. Unfortunately Jones has underperformed, IMO, which I have attributed to him learning a new position on the offensive side of the ball, OT.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agreed. His numbers would have been absurd if he played more than 2 quarters a game! I would love to know how many carries he averaged a game and his yards per carry. 

Pretty sure his ypc was either over or right at 10. Lead nky and Cincinnati. 

It is GAME DAY and I am so excited.  What a fun night this will hopefully be.  I think for the realist Birds we truly believe that the tide in this rivalry is turning.  The BIG HUGE question is will it turn a game earlier than "my" expectations.  The current JR and Soph classes in my humble opinion is lethal with talent!  Will Xmas come early for these men with a win tonight?  

I only see trouble for the Birds tonight if they shoot themselves in the foot by not taking care of the ball.  Luckily it won't be wet but it will be cold.  Will that play a factor in holding onto the ball?

I also think the Wise Old Man has some tricks up his sleeve that will play a part in the game plan against his past student.

I say Bring it Baby!  Let's go!  C-A-K-E!!!!!

8 hours and 49 min and counting.........

Whose with me!!!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

It is GAME DAY and I am so excited.  What a fun night this will hopefully be.  I think for the realist Birds we truly believe that the tide in this rivalry is turning.  The BIG HUGE question is will it turn a game earlier than "my" expectations.  The current JR and Soph classes in my humble opinion is lethal with talent!  Will Xmas come early for these men with a win tonight?  

I only see trouble for the Birds tonight if they shoot themselves in the foot by not taking care of the ball.  Luckily it won't be wet but it will be cold.  Will that play a factor in holding onto the ball?

I also think the Wise Old Man has some tricks up his sleeve that will play a part in the game plan against his past student.

I say Bring it Baby!  Let's go!  C-A-K-E!!!!!

8 hours and 49 min and counting.........

Whose with me!!!!

Are you playing some Pointer Sisters music today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1