Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have consistently heard hype on Zion Mason over the past couple years. He has 57 yards rushing averaging less than 4 yards per carry. He has caught 9 passes this year for 108 yards. He is the 3rd best receiver on the team statistically. Is this the game he breaks out? Why?

He is a much, much better corner than receiver at this point. His change of direction is at a pretty high level, for example, the Lex Cath pick 6 is one of the better plays I've seen a HS corner make. Since he is one of our two or three best athletes along with Agee and Hummel, I think getting him the ball in space more could lead to more explosive plays, but we will see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

I think it comes down to if Eddie is willing to take the risk of trying to get the ball to those playmakers with the inconsistencies they've had at QB. Does he need to do it to win the game? You've got Zion who could be a game breaker, also Sullivan and Wilson at TE with great size, plus Holtz whose got great hands and size. To this point he hasn't trusted the passing game enough to really go for it, and hasn't really needed to in most games. 

What he said.  Who has stopped Covcath yet?   Beechwood only.  

Why do anything else if you don't need too? STOP ME!!!  And when you do I will throw on you, when I have too.  (We have been practicing all year).  If it's not broke don't fix it..  Eddie knows he has some guys that are dedicated to the philosophy.  We play as a team and we win.  

It's no secret these guys will get the first downs when they need too and manage the clock by running.  You only need one more point than the other team.  

And let's be real...is there anyone better at getting those few yards in nky??? Preston Agee is my pick!  Collins lead blocking these two guys are money.  

Covcath will throw when they need too.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RunForest said:

What he said.  Who has stopped Covcath yet?   Beechwood only.  

Why do anything else if you don't need too? STOP ME!!!  And when you do I will throw on you, when I have too.  (We have been practicing all year).  If it's not broke don't fix it..  Eddie knows he has some guys that are dedicated to the philosophy.  We play as a team and we win.  

It's no secret these guys will get the first downs when they need too and manage the clock by running.  You only need one more point than the other team.  

And let's be real...is there anyone better at getting those few yards in nky??? Preston Agee is my pick!  Collins lead blocking these two guys are money.  

Covcath will throw when they need too.  

I hope you’re right!

5 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Did some research to add some data to this feeling that Cov Cath is the next coming of the 85 Bears the following is total rushing yards against them:

Beechwood= 220

Cooper = 207

Lex Cath = 143

Conner = 113

HIghlands = 102 **after a few series everybody realized we were not passing the ball and still ran for 102

My point is with some brand new added wrinkles in this offensive scheme by the Birds, I think the offense will be moving the ball much better.

I also LOVE the fact that the current vote tally has 71% with Cov Cath winning and 29% Birds winning....Had to look back at what the pundits were saying before the Cooper game, Cooper was 66% to win against Birds 33%.

I love it!  Go BIRDS!!

Revising prediction based on new info:  Birds 24   Cov Cath 14!!!

That wasn't a lot of yards through basically 3 quarters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CCHFC said:

He is a much, much better corner than receiver at this point. His change of direction is at a pretty high level, for example, the Lex Cath pick 6 is one of the better plays I've seen a HS corner make. Since he is one of our two or three best athletes along with Agee and Hummel, I think getting him the ball in space more could lead to more explosive plays, but we will see. 

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have consistently heard hype on Zion Mason over the past couple years. He has 57 yards rushing averaging less than 4 yards per carry. He has caught 9 passes this year for 108 yards. He is the 3rd best receiver on the team statistically. Is this the game he breaks out? Why?

He definitely is a very good corner. However, I’m not sure I would say he is a much better corner than WR.  It may just be how he is being used? In comparison Zion when he was still at Cooper as a freshman ended up getting to play varsity the last 5 games of the year. In those 5 games he had 14 receptions, for 156 yards for an 11 yard average per catch. Which two of those games when he had some of those receptions came against Covcath and Highlands. He did that as a freshman against obviously good competition, so it did look like he was well on his way to being a very good high school WR if he did that as a freshman. He also did have 3 interceptions as a freshman that year. So it is interesting to see his stats so low as a WR now as a Junior, after a promising start as a freshman at WR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

He definitely is a very good corner. However, I’m not sure I would say he is a much better corner than WR.  It may just be how he is being used? In comparison Zion when he was still at Cooper as a freshman ended up getting to play varsity the last 5 games of the year. In those 5 games he had 14 receptions, for 156 yards for an 11 yard average per catch. Which two of those games when he had some of those receptions came against Covcath and Highlands. He did that as a freshman against obviously good competition, so it did look like he was well on his way to being a very good high school WR if he did that as a freshman. He also did have 3 interceptions as a freshman that year. So it is interesting to see his stats so low as a WR now as a Junior, after a promising start as a freshman at WR. 

CCH doesn’t even attempt to consistently throw the ball this year, so everyone has low stats(red/yds). Just the way the offense is this year. I still think Zion has a lot of potential as a WR, just hasn’t had the opportunity to show it this year, along with the other WR’s and TE’s.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

And who plays, or are we still being quiet about that.... Lol

Haha, I have no idea. I’d guess if a player hasn’t been able to play the whole season they wouldn’t be able to play now. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. 

On 11/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, theguru said:

Does anyone know if this game will be broadcasted?  I assume CovCath will offer the game as a single purchase.  Anyone?

$10 for the Game, Mixlr ( https://mixlr.com/colonel-athletic-network/ ) usually broadcast Audio Only,

this link will take you to the page for information

https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can 

2 minutes ago, TheConch said:

That bottom link should also take you to the video broadcast as well. 

Correct, you can purchase the game using this link:

https://www.covcath.org/athletics/can

Once you make your purchase you get an email with another link it it, click on that link and boom you have the game.  It has worked for me without exception for two years now, no hassles at all.