Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

37 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Number 2 is Ty Boler. A very fine player and a bright future ahead of him as he is only a sophomore. I still stand by statement that I think the backend of the defense leaves the opportunity for plays to be made. Not a knock against any particular player, I just think there are opportunities there and CCH will need to stretch the field more than they did in round 1 if they want to open up their running game. Having Noon back there certainly helps things in both the run and pass defense. 

In terms of Cam playing, from what I have been told, there is a very good chance that he will be able to play; however, there is an opportunity for appeal. My hope is that he can play! 

GO BIRDS! 

I most definitely agree with you. Go Birds!!!

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If Geisler plays, Noon back to QB?

If no Geisler, great smoke by the Birds camp.

I'll go down this rabbit hole.  If Geisler plays, then I say you move Noon more into the slot with some jet sweeps and motion packages.  I don't think you put Noon back to QB.  Let Bottom stay there, Geisler in the backfield and then you have Noon running around causing so much confusion with someone manning him which will allow Geisler to have some nice runs with Cov Cath not just loading the box.

So many wrinkles can be played with this addition.....

And we are only on Tuesday, what other surprises are going to come out???

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Is this anything like the “blue” smoke that they release before games?  What happened to Richter and Hosea?

Thought Richter was hurt, Hosea might be as well. Hosea is more of a compliment speed/receiving back. They need someone who can go between the tackles. 

1 hour ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

I heard from his own mouth that he was on October 30th around 7pm to be exact why would I make up a rumor??? No need to blow smoke trust me I know this kid personally I’ll leave it at that.

I guess the question is what has changed that now all of a sudden would make him able to play? 

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

I guess the question is what has changed that now all of a sudden would make him able to play? 

That's what I was thinking. Was his ineligibility tied to varsity time at another school? If so, is the rule one full season or one year from the last varsity participation? If it's just one year then maybe that date has passed? 

Just now, ChickenWyngz said:

That's what I was thinking. Was his ineligibility tied to varsity time at another school? If so, is the rule one full season or one year from the last varsity participation? If it's just one year then maybe that date has passed? 

It’s one year from the days of last varsity competition played. Unless he was injured, I assume he played in Covcaths playoff games last year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

It’s one year from the days of last varsity competition played. Unless he was injured, I assume he played in Covcaths playoff games last year?

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He played varsity basketball also.

He doesn't appear on their varsity basketball roster in KHSAA.

8 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Last year when he was playing for Cov Cath, Geisler had had 50 yards rushing against Lex Cath on 11/6, 3 yards rushing against Cooper on 11/20, was on the field but did not carry the ball against Highlands on 11/27, and again, was on the field but did not carry the ball against Bowling Green on 12/11.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He played varsity basketball also.

Incorrect.

And as I understand it, his precise reason for leaving Cov Cath was the fact that he did not play varsity basketball for us. That's why he ended up at New Cath....played in 15 of their basketball games and had 71 points as a freshman for the Breds.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

He doesn't appear on their varsity basketball roster in KHSAA.

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Incorrect.

And as I understand it, his precise reason for leaving Cov Cath was the fact that he did not play varsity basketball for us. That's why he ended up at New Cath....played in 15 of their basketball games and had 71 points as a freshman for the Breds.

Yep, shows on the NCC roster for sure. 

Lets clear this mess up as best as possible. Giesler started at Highlands where he played frosh football.  Transferred to CovCath where he played varsity football.  Was told he would not play hoops at CovCath and then transferred to NewCath where he played varsity hoops.  Has been at Highlands since the start of school year.  That is all that I will disclose because other things I have been told might not be 100% accurate.

• Like 1