Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

23 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Well that is one wrinkle we haven't seen yet.  Noon returning kicks and/or punts.....

That would be really cool to see.....

I have a feeling we will see that Friday. (I have no actual idea, no secret knowledge). If I was head coach I’d put him back there for both kicks and punts. Most dangerous kid on the team. Probably a 50/50 shot he breaks it. Just an assumption. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Diablo said:

I have a feeling we will see that Friday. (I have no actual idea, no secret knowledge). If I was head coach I’d put him back there for both kicks and punts. Most dangerous kid on the team. Probably a 50/50 shot he breaks it. Just an assumption. 

Also if I was Highlands I’d develop a wildcat with Noon. You only need 2-4 plays for it. It would be a nightmare for defensive coordinator. 

21 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Blows my mind that as of 1982, CovCath still hadn't won a playoff game. I know it was still a bit after that, but still can't wrap my mind around it.

Well the Cov Cath program was like 10 years old and it was a lot harder to get into the playoffs back then. 

21 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Well the Cov Cath program was like 10 years old and it was a lot harder to get into the playoffs back then. 

Yep, back when making the playoffs meant something. 

CovCath's success, especially recently, just makes you think they've been making playoff runs for decades. 

13 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I have been around the program for a long, long time and I’m not sure I've heard anyone consider the ‘82 team as the best ever but I think that’s probably for another thread. 

In terms of the game at hand, I am interested to see how Cam Bottom responds to not being the “secret”. Moving him was a game changer for HHS; not necessarily because he made huge plays or honestly did anything that special, but because it allowed the best player in the program, Charlie Noon, to play both sides of the ball. This also allowed for another great player, Sam Robinson, to play his natural spot of LB rather than RB. However, Bottom is not going to be a surprise for anyone anymore and CCH’s defense is above average. How CCH approaches Bottom at QB, Noon as an ATH, and Benke at WR will be interesting. 

The greatest weakness offensively for HHS is still their incredibly nonexistent running game. Hopefully, the bye week has helped that area of the game; not sure if they have even reached 100 years in that department this year besides maybe to SK. 

IMO the defense has really stepped up the last couple of weeks. I still really worry about the backend of the defense. I know CCH isn’t a big passing team but I would still 100% take chances at attacking the HHS DBs; they have been a weakness all year. 

My hope is to see the playbook open up some this week, and going forward, to give some players on the offensive side of the ball opportunities to make things happen. 

Highlands Db’s are pretty good in my opinion if you go to the highlands games or have watched them play check out #2 not sure of his name at this moment but from what I’ve seen nobody has put up a touchdown all year long and he’s locked up a lot of the top wr’s in the NKY area and according to his stats I don’t think would want to try that kid too much because he hasn’t even gave up 100yds this season lol and I think they get the running game going because I’ve heard they will have Giesler and I know he’s been Ready to get loose.

52 minutes ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

Highlands Db’s are pretty good in my opinion if you go to the highlands games or have watched them play check out #2 not sure of his name at this moment but from what I’ve seen nobody has put up a touchdown all year long and he’s locked up a lot of the top wr’s in the NKY area and according to his stats I don’t think would want to try that kid too much because he hasn’t even gave up 100yds this season lol and I think they get the running game going because I’ve heard they will have Giesler and I know he’s been Ready to get loose.

Can someone PLEASE confirm this Geisler comment. That is HUGE if true.  Really bad rumor if NOT!!!

2 minutes ago, NKYBOOSTER said:

Number 2 is Ty Boler. A very fine player and a bright future ahead of him as he is only a sophomore. I still stand by statement that I think the backend of the defense leaves the opportunity for plays to be made. Not a knock against any particular player, I just think there are opportunities there and CCH will need to stretch the field more than they did in round 1 if they want to open up their running game. Having Noon back there certainly helps things in both the run and pass defense. 

In terms of Cam playing, from what I have been told, there is a very good chance that he will be able to play; however, there is an opportunity for appeal. My hope is that he can play! 

GO BIRDS! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Can someone PLEASE confirm this Geisler comment. That is HUGE if true.  Really bad rumor if NOT!!!

I heard from his own mouth that he was on October 30th around 7pm to be exact why would I make up a rumor??? No need to blow smoke trust me I know this kid personally I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 1