Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

8 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

What is the first rule of fight club?  Sweep, TBird, Teddy.   Think back to BG and the amazement of some that Benke was taking the snaps.  Man I just don’t get it.  Some people know the scoop.  

I would tend to ABSOLUTELY agree with you, which is why I am amazed that this news isn't public if true since we are dealing with a ruling from KHSAA which I would "think" would be public knowledge.  I DOUBT KHSAA would give the "green light" secretly to Highlands that Geisler is eligible, without being transparent to everyone.  That would seem very shady in my opinion.

Whereas the BG example is fair game that Noon was dealing with COVID protocol and couldn't play....not revealing that issue was BRILLIANT! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I would tend to ABSOLUTELY agree with you, which is why I am amazed that this news isn't public if true since we are dealing with a ruling from KHSAA which I would "think" would be public knowledge.  I DOUBT KHSAA would give the "green light" secretly to Highlands that Geisler is eligible, without being transparent to everyone.  That would seem very shady in my opinion.

Whereas the BG example is fair game that Noon was dealing with COVID protocol and couldn't play....not revealing that issue was BRILLIANT! 

Do you honestly think this gets published for all to see?  The KHSAA only has responsibility to Highlands and Giesler family in my opinion.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

What is the first rule of fight club?  Sweep, TBird, Teddy.   Think back to BG and the amazement of some that Benke was taking the snaps.  Man I just don’t get it.  Some people know the scoop.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Do you honestly think this gets published for all to see?  The KHSAA only has responsibility to Highlands and Giesler family in my opinion.

I don't know, we pay for the KHSAA, I think everything should be transparent. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I don't know, we pay for the KHSAA, I think everything should be transparent. 

Boy it would be nice if that’s how all the things we pay for worked wouldn’t it?

A lot of juicy stuff on the Highlands v Cov Cath playoff thread I love it. 

• Like 2

Acting like this is some big secret and that Cam was going to show up Friday night and CCH have no idea he is going to play is crazy, guys. Come on. We are talking about high school kids. Everything they do is on social media. I would guess CCH players, and by extension their staff, knew Cam is, or could possibly, play Friday before it was ever posted on here. Sheesh. 

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Last year when he was playing for Cov Cath, Geisler had had 50 yards rushing against Lex Cath on 11/6, 3 yards rushing against Cooper on 11/20, was on the field but did not carry the ball against Highlands on 11/27, and again, was on the field but did not carry the ball against Bowling Green on 12/11.

When you say he was on the field, are you saying he played in the game?

Unless Geisler gets a waiver, he is not eligible for football until "one year from date of last participation" in that sport. That is KHSAA Bylaw 6, Sec 1)a).

Is he practicing with the team?

With the playoffs being pushed back as late  as they were last year, and CCH going to the semi finals, I would think that it would be almost impossible for Geisler to be eligible to play in the playoffs at any point.

I believe a player must sit out one full calendar year from the date of their last varsity competition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

With the playoffs being pushed back as late  as they were last year, and CCH going to the semi finals, I would think that it would be almost impossible for Geisler to be eligible to play in the playoffs at any point.

I believe a player must sit out one full calendar year from the date of their last varsity competition.

Does that apply if there is a change of residence or going from a private to a public school?

At end of day, all that matters is he eligible per state guidelines.  Will he have an impact on the game, that is to be seen.

4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Does that apply if there is a change of residence or going from a private to a public school?

At end of day, all that matters is he eligible per state guidelines.  Will he have an impact on the game, that is to be seen.

That would be a waiver decision. KHSAA Bylaw 6 makes no distinction between public or private schools. One year from last date of participation in that varsity sport by rule. A waiver from the KHSAA is needed to bypass Bylaw 6.

14 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Hey, at least Beechwoods Mr Football QB gets to come back for a fantasy super senior year. We have to make sure everything is fair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8