Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, Bird Bath said:

Who plays, who is eligible, who is hurt, who is lost amateur status.  All is relevant.  I say list all as questionable?  Lol.  Of course I am of the age of leather helmets.  Social media was Dale McMillan and Don Weber.  

Both Dale and Don were awesome but I miss Weber's voice inflection. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Also if I was Highlands I’d develop a wildcat with Noon. You only need 2-4 plays for it. It would be a nightmare for defensive coordinator. 

Noon is for sure a good player. Don't think he will do the trick for HHS though this week. In the first match up he had 24 rushes for 84 yards. I don't care where you line him up, I think the CCH did will have no issue stopping the run. 

Now will CCH be able to score.... that's another question!

58 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Hey, at least Beechwoods Mr Football QB gets to come back for a fantasy super senior year. We have to make sure everything is fair.

I could care less if Geisler is eligible or not, and could care less about either team involved in this game. I was simply pointing out the transfer rules as they are stated by the KHSAA. He may have received a waiver, if so good for him. 

Glad to see you are still bitter about Cam leaving Highlands to come to Beechwood.

6 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

I could care less if Geisler is eligible or not, and could care less about either team involved in this game. I was simply pointing out the transfer rules as they are stated by the KHSAA. He may have received a waiver, if so good for him. 

Glad to see you are still bitter about Cam leaving Highlands to come to Beechwood.

Yeah it’s totally fair he gets to play an extra year. Totally normal. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

When you say he was on the field, are you saying he played in the game?

Unless Geisler gets a waiver, he is not eligible for football until "one year from date of last participation" in that sport. That is KHSAA Bylaw 6, Sec 1)a).

Is he practicing with the team?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. He had playing time on the field during the game.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

That said, I don't see Geisler playing without a waiver from the KHSAA. Bylaw 6 says he is not eligible.

I don't know whether or not it's true, but I was told by someone from outside of the Highlands, Cov Cath, and New Cath communities that the KHSAA turned down Cam's football eligibility, and Geisler's family has sought a court injunction.

I can't speak for how reliable that information is, though. I asked a few questions to clarify (Did the Geisler's apply for transfer eligibility at the beginning of the season, and if so, were they applying for him to be eligible for the entire football season, or just for part of it? When did the KHSAA ruling return about that? Was the Geisler's alleged court injunction filed for at the beginning of the season or more recently?) and was told "I don't know."

14 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I don't know whether or not it's true, but I was told by someone from outside of the Highlands, Cov Cath, and New Cath communities that the KHSAA turned down Cam's football eligibility, and Geisler's family has sought a court injunction.

I can't speak for how reliable that information is, though. I asked a few questions to clarify (Did the Geisler's apply for transfer eligibility at the beginning of the season, and if so, were they applying for him to be eligible for the entire football season, or just for part of it? When did the KHSAA ruling return about that? Was the Geisler's alleged court injunction filed for at the beginning of the season or more recently?) and was told "I don't know."

If the answers to the questions were “I don’t know”, then I think misinformed based upon what I am hearing.  As I stated, the kid has been at Highlands since day one of the school year, has practiced with team and played in JV games.