Open Job: Highlands

theguru

1 hour ago, Harley67 said:

Care to clarify? 

Fact, TFVH is saying is a parent 3 yrs ago interfered with a firing process that quite arguably is a very large part as to why Highlands is in the shape they are in at the moment.

Fact, now the same parent is complaining again to the Superintendent causing chaos amongst many claiming that Highlands administration is...

Btw, for those concerned, it doesn’t take money to work out on your own. Never has and never will so whoever is complaining about kids working out privately claims “isn’t fair” is an insult to all athletes across this country.

And for anybody that thinks they are bigger than this program and they don’t like the pace of the hiring process then feel free to move on. The program will survive with or without you.  Heck, I even welcome them to give me a call and we can have a Highlands Football history lesson conversation. 

5 hours ago, Sweeperboy said:

Btw, for those concerned, it doesn’t take money to work out on your own. Never has and never will so whoever is complaining about kids working out privately claims “isn’t fair” is an insult to all athletes across this country.

There is a big difference between doing push-ups and burpees and putting a bar on your back. There are a number of programs that would make the argument “it’s not fair” that other programs are in the weight room and they aren’t/can’t be. The personal trainer thing can be hit or miss but access to bar and weights at this age (even when not done optimally) can be a big advantage. 

37 minutes ago, barrel said:

There is a big difference between doing push-ups and burpees and putting a bar on your back. There are a number of programs that would make the argument “it’s not fair” that other programs are in the weight room and they aren’t/can’t be. The personal trainer thing can be hit or miss but access to bar and weights at this age (even when not done optimally) can be a big advantage. 

I didn’t know this. 

I don’t know what was shared or what went on behind the decisions.  I can tell you this I know football and talent and will say that kids with talent were missed and some that should play on both sides of the ball.  I know kids are coached and develop in different stages; however some played behind others they had no business playing behind or were not put in other positions in the interim.  

Back to the matter at hand need some traction by 2/15 on coach or at least 60 minutes and weights.  If not the incoming juniors and seniors are not going to be fine  with another e-mail message or 5 minute zoom - Mr. Wes.  

Or past history from.HHS relics.  We live in today and now and these boys deserve better.  I get history and past success; however you need to adapt and change.  I understand we were spoiled in the past but truth of the matter other programs have caught up.  We do need to make a wise decision but let’s not mortgage the next two seasons all together.  I am not happy with the current circus and have always been quiet; but my tolerance and needle are moving quickly.

Patience folks, no need to panic. 

I know this is easy for me to say because I don’t have sons playing any longer but I am willing to put trust in the process and not panic or rush a decision at this point in time.

Let’s work together as alumn, parents and supporters and not question but rather trust those making these decisions  to make this program great again.

It's funny that when the Football(Fall Sports) season was going on and other Sports were trying to get better they were told they couldn't use the Facilities. And no one complained. Well maybe a little. I am part of the Softball staff and we weren't even aloud to practice at Winkler Park that is located off site. It was a school rule. No out of season Sports are aloud to practice. Period! The district finally loosened it a little but when things starting to heat up they promptly shut it down.

Mind you those same sports had their seasons stripped form them in the Spring. Kids improvised rather than complained. They found ways to practice and get better. Now it's flipped and we have Parents threatening to take their kids elsewhere or even show up at the Board office and flex their Chests. Interesting!

Just talked to a guy who has very strong ties to LCA. They're not aloud in their facilities because of Covid. No out of season workouts are permitted. That's strange! What's the difference between LCA & HHS right now other than they have a Football coach? Zero! And LCA will be just fine......And so will Highlands!

"Trust the Process"

If you don't want to be part of the Process and support what the Admins are doing right now then maybe Highlands and Fort Thomas isn't for you. To each their own I guess!

I will add that the people that are bashing on how Matt Bertasso and staff are handling this situation and have not a clue what they're talking about. Matt cares about the Kids 1st and foremost. It's just taking some time. He is the sole reason the FTJFL was able to play the 2020 season. When the BOE voted to shut their facilities down to outside Organizations per se, Matt stood up and fought for those 200 kids playing Junior football in Ft Thomas. He stressed that those were his Kids too and deserved to play their season as well. And one of those 200 kids was my Son. As far as I'm concerned, Matt Bertasso is the Man and you're not going to change my opinion anytime soon.

• Like 4

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

26 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

It's funny that when the Football(Fall Sports) season was going on and other Sports were trying to get better they were told they couldn't use the Facilities. And no one complained. Well maybe a little. I am part of the Softball staff and we weren't even aloud to practice at Winkler Park that is located off site. It was a school rule. No out of season Sports are aloud to practice. Period! The district finally loosened it a little but when things starting to heat up they promptly shut it down.

Mind you those same sports had their seasons stripped form them in the Spring. Kids improvised rather than complained. They found ways to practice and get better. Now it's flipped and we have Parents threatening to take their kids elsewhere or even show up at the Board office and flex their Chests. Interesting!

Just talked to a guy who has very strong ties to LCA. They're not aloud in their facilities because of Covid. No out of season workouts are permitted. That's strange! What's the difference between LCA & HHS right now other than they have a Football coach? Zero! And LCA will be just fine......And so will Highlands!

"Trust the Process"

If you don't want to be part of the Process and support what the Admins are doing right now then maybe Highlands and Fort Thomas isn't for you. To each their own I guess!

I will add that the people that are bashing on how Matt Bertasso and staff are handling this situation and have not a clue what they're talking about. Matt cares about the Kids 1st and foremost. It's just taking some time. He is the sole reason the FTJFL was able to play the 2020 season. When the BOE voted to shut their facilities down to outside Organizations per se, Matt stood up and fought for those 200 kids playing Junior football in Ft Thomas. He stressed that those were his Kids too and deserved to play their season as well. And one of those 200 kids was my Son. As far as I'm concerned, Matt Bertasso is the Man and you're not going to change my opinion anytime soon.

That's a good take and good insight into the situation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

"Trust the Process"

Trust me I know all about spring season loss.  I get that and I know difficult decisions are made during these uncertain times.  It is easy to sit here and stress patience when you have kids done or kids still entering high school.  It is not the same challenge when you have boys dealing with it.  The collective boys I am talking about are working now and doing everything they can.  Let me ask a better question what high schools are currently lifting and doing football workouts???  If others are you may have an answer about the present state of the program.  

39 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

"Trust the Process"

Couldn't agree with you more, Matt is the man!  We got that hire 110% correct.....

47 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Patience folks, no need to panic. 

I know this is easy for me to say because I don’t have sons playing any longer but I am willing to put trust in the process and not panic or rush a decision at this point in time.

Let’s work together as alumn, parents and supporters and not question but rather trust those making these decisions  to make this program great again.

11....breathe, 12....breathe....13 breathe....still doing my breathing exercises......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bird Bath said:

I don’t know what was shared or what went on behind the decisions.  I can tell you this I know football and talent and will say that kids with talent were missed and some that should play on both sides of the ball.  I know kids are coached and develop in different stages; however some played behind others they had no business playing behind or were not put in other positions in the interim.  

Back to the matter at hand need some traction by 2/15 on coach or at least 60 minutes and weights.  If not the incoming juniors and seniors are not going to be fine  with another e-mail message or 5 minute zoom - Mr. Wes.  

What kids should've been playing both ways in your opinion? Who was sitting the bench that should've been playing? This years team or years in past? Please be specific.

4 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

Trust me I know all about spring season loss.  I get that and I know difficult decisions are made during these uncertain times.  It is easy to sit here and stress patience when you have kids done or kids still entering high school.  It is not the same challenge when you have boys dealing with it.  The collective boys I am talking about are working now and doing everything they can.  Let me ask a better question what high schools are currently lifting and doing football workouts???  If others are you may have an answer about the present state of the program.  

St. X football is lifting and doing workouts. Track and baseball are lifting and practicing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ballfan34 said:

What kids should've been playing both ways in your opinion? Who was sitting the bench that should've been playing? This years team or years in past? Please be specific.

I don't really think we need to go down this rabbit hole....

I think it has been debated a ton in the last 5 years....BW finally did it at the end of 2019's season, probably a little too late....but that is irrelevant for this thread regarding the open job IMO.