theguru

Open Job: Highlands

Per multiple reports Coach Brian Weinrich is out at Highlands so the job is open. 

Regardless of who they land, whether it's an elite coach like Wolfe or an up and comer, understand that it's not Mueller walking through that door, and immediate championship gratification is unlikely. 

• Like 1

Is this now 3 of the last 4 head coaches at Highlands who have been pushed out?

15 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

You are correct. But keep in mind that it’s over a 35 year span. So....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Regardless of who they land, whether it's an elite coach like Wolfe or an up and comer, understand that it's not Mueller walking through that door, and immediate championship gratification is unlikely. 

Seriously, Highlands won before Dale and after Dale.  A change was needed for the good of the program.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

You are correct. But keep in mind that it’s over a 35 year span. So....

And how many state titles?

Well let’s be honest Eicher didn’t win. Duffy wasn’t about wins or loses and HHS cut bait before something really bad happened with him. Weinrich wasn’t getting done. Oh there was a coach in between that was very successful. So don’t act like there is some problem at HHS.

Cov Cath went through quite a few coaches if I recall.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Great programs set their standards high so if a coach doesn’t or can’t reach that bar, then changes are made. I mean, heck, even CCH has had 5 different coaches in the same time frame. Just sayin!

• Like 1

Best wishes to Coach Brian Weinrich. Wonderful person and outstanding football coach. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Seriously, Highlands won before Dale and after Dale.  A change was needed for the good of the program.

I get that, and I don't blame Highlands for moving on. I just hope no one expects the new coach to come in and just flip a switch, as if that's all it takes. Even if they hit a home run with this hire, it's unreasonable to expect a return to the peak of the Highlands dynasty, which happened to occur under Mueller's watch. I suspect there are a lot of folks in Fort Thomas that expect that very thing to happen. 

But, to an extent, it's hard to blame people. When you're in the midst of all that winning that's been going on for decades, it's easy to take it all for granted and assume that this is just how it's supposed to be, when in fact, it's not.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Best wishes to Coach Brian Weinrich. Wonderful person and outstanding football coach. 

Agree with this 100%.  Some guys just are not cut out to be head coaches.

• Like 3

I feel bad for Coach Weinrich but I think it was the right decision. 

All the best Coach.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

Nope. Rebuild should be immediate. The talent is there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2