Open Job: Highlands

theguru

45 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Actually I think Rodenburg could be a really good hire, right now Highlands needs a doer and not a yes man. 

Sometimes a tough hard nose coach that nobody knows or has any ties to might be what the Dr ordered. He doesn’t care who the legacy names or history is, he just wants to Win and nobody better get in his way. I would support this type of coach. Of course only if he wins...

In my humble opinion, CCH SHOULD have won 2 state titles both years Rodenburg was there, but did not. The 2006 state title team was one of the most talented classes CCH has ever had, and when those guys were Juniors in 2005, they had a darn good Senior class ahead of them led by QB Drew Ellison. I just looked it up and they lost 42-39 to LexCath in the playoffs, who ended up winning state by 4 TDs over Bowling Green. I am not saying he is overrated, but I do know he was not great at bringing the "community" together as we all knew he was looking for what he perceived as greener pastures. Not sure he is the fit.

• Like 2

File this one under "extreme longshot":

Does anyone think there's even the slightest possibility that Gino Guidugli would entertain the idea of returning to Highlands, or is that a pipe dream at this point? His stock at the college level is almost certainly on the rise with the year Cincinnati's having, so maybe he's beyond their reach. 

22 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Does anyone think there's even the slightest possibility that Gino Guidugli would entertain the idea of returning to Highlands, or is that a pipe dream at this point? His stock at the college level is almost certainly on the rise with the year Cincinnati's having, so maybe he's beyond their reach. 

This would be a pay cut wouldn't it?

7 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

This would be a pay cut wouldn't it?

30 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Just looked it up. Gino makes $260,000 at UC. With the year they are having I would guess pay raises are coming for the whole staff in some way. I’d imagine if Fickell were to leave he would either clime to ladder more at UC or go with him to be an assistant at a Power 5 school. I guess anything is possible but I don’t see how Highlands would have the resources to pay that. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bluesport said:

In my humble opinion, CCH SHOULD have won 2 state titles both years Rodenburg was there, but did not. The 2006 state title team was one of the most talented classes CCH has ever had, and when those guys were Juniors in 2005, they had a darn good Senior class ahead of them led by QB Drew Ellison. I just looked it up and they lost 42-39 to LexCath in the playoffs, who ended up winning state by 4 TDs over Bowling Green. I am not saying he is overrated, but I do know he was not great at bringing the "community" together as we all knew he was looking for what he perceived as greener pastures. Not sure he is the fit.

You have some valid points. You did see where my first coach I listed is Bob Sphire who coached LexCath  and mentioned  Rodenburg second. 
Actually neither are my choices just throwing names out there. 

Iam sure Highlands already has a short list, very sure...

18 minutes ago, Pi said:

Just looked it up. Gino makes $260,000 at UC. With the year they are having I would guess lay raises are coming for the whole staff in some way. I’d imagine if Fickell were to leave he would either clime to chart more at UC or be an assistant at a Power 5 school. I guess anything is possible but I don’t see how Highlands would have the resources to pay that. 

Add to the mix that some Guidughli’s are already headed to the Westside to play in The Pit for Elder. 

Can't see Gino making a move to Highlands. But if he did he could probably draw his family back there along whammy others.

1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

You have some valid points. You did see where my first coach I listed is Bob Sphire who coached LexCath  and mentioned  Rodenburg second. 
Actually neither are my choices just throwing names out there. 

Iam sure Highlands already has a short list, very sure...

I did, and I agree. Just giving my two cents on Rodenburg. When he was at CCH he was the benefactor of 2 of their best classes from about 2005-2015.

• Like 2