Open Job: Highlands

theguru

3 minutes ago, bulldog77 said:

This is fun.  I think someone alluded to this earlier, but it went right over everyone's head, but how about Coach Eviston.  If you can't beat 'em, call 'em?  Again, just for fun, why or why not?

One would think Highlands could offer Coach Eviston a lot more money than CovCath but it is hard to know for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bulldog77 said:

This is fun.  I think someone alluded to this earlier, but it went right over everyone's head, but how about Coach Eviston.  If you can't beat 'em, call 'em?  Again, just for fun, why or why not?

It is fun, essentially anyone under consideration goes under the microscope for what has to be one of the most demanding high school football jobs in Kentucky.

20 minutes ago, theguru said:

One would think Highlands could offer Coach Eviston a lot more money than CovCath but it is hard to know for sure. 

Does Eviston teach? If yes, getting into the state retirement system is a plus to moving to Highlands. He would not be the first nor the last person to move from private to public for that reason.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Does Eviston teach? If yes, getting into the state retirement system is a plus to moving to Highlands. He would not be the first nor the last person to move from private to public for that reason.

I have no idea VoR.

Jeff Barth will apply for sure and should get an Interview. Now, will he get that far?

I think things have been in motion for several weeks like someone mentioned earlier. Having a New AD at Highlands from LexCath with Peeps all across the state, he and the Coaching Job will draw some Major attention. .

Wes Caldwell knows the Coaching needed to Win at a place like Highlands. He has spent most of the last 6 months still taking in all of the History with Highlands Athletics and the Facilities/Schools and will tell you he's not sure what to think.....He words not mine! "This place is Crazy" In a good way!

2 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Jeff Barth will apply for sure and should get an Interview. Now, will he get that far?

I think things have been in motion for several weeks like someone mentioned earlier. Having a New AD at Highlands from LexCath with Peeps all across the state, he and the Coaching Job will draw some Major attention. .

Wes Caldwell knows the Coaching needed to Win at a place like Highlands. He has spent most of the last 6 months still taking in all of the History with Highlands Athletics and the Facilities/Schools and will tell you he's not sure what to think.....He words not mine! "This place is Crazy" In a good way!

Would you like to see Jeff Barth get the job?

15 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No. He's the school's business development manager and campaign coordinator. Very involved in the school's financial and fundraising "stuff".

• Thanks 2

Just now, theguru said:

Would you like to see Jeff Barth get the job?

Sure....Brian Weinrich and myself coached Jeff Barth in 7th & 8th grade. I like to think I had some positive Influence on him back in 1990. LOL! Actually I think Jeff should get a Interview and will but I think Highlands is looking for something Bigger. Just my Opinion! But who knows.....Whoever the Coach is will be Hired on more than just a Football Coach. You have to be the Calipari type of Ambassador of your program. Someone who can sell the program like it should be. That's why I think it will be a Highlands guy. Who is it? Not sure.....

Time will tell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree and think it would be a good hire for Highlands. 

Similar schools and programs and I am sure he would do well at Highlands...probably knows how to handle a program like Highlands.

Could be a good candidate and make the short list. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, theguru said:

It is fun, essentially anyone under consideration goes under the microscope for what has to be one of the most demanding high school football jobs in Kentucky.

With over 60 Applicants for the AD job back in Spring, it will get quite Interesting to see who Applies for the Football Job. This job doesn't open very often. Someone asked if Highlands will ask Eddie? Ummm why not? All he can say is "Shut the Front Door" And then know that the Highlands Job will not be available for another min 10 years. That Door closes Fast!

• Like 1