Open Job: Highlands

theguru

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is there any significant success on Barth's resume? Has Walton Verona made even a final four? Maybe once? He is in a weak district and has not had post season success that gets my attention. He has done a good job at WV but I believe there will be candidates with better resumes apply. I would not be excited with Barth if I were a Highlands fan.

Man, you really are the Voice of Reason.   And what I like about this is that it points out something that we often lose sight of in the world today;  more than one thing can be true without negating the other.  He can be a very good coach and doing good things at WV and still not be a great fit for Highlands.  

19 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is there any significant success on Barth's resume? Has Walton Verona made even a final four? Maybe once? He is in a weak district and has not had post season success that gets my attention. He has done a good job at WV but I believe there will be candidates with better resumes apply. I would not be excited with Barth if I were a Highlands fan.

Yes, Walton has made it to a final 4 by beating a Glasgow team(This should have peaked your interest) with several D-1 recruits one holding an offer from Alabama. They play this Friday night for a second trip to a state semi final. He has not lost a district game since 2013 and yes it is a weak district but none the less he has dominated it. The argument then is only that his resume is only not good enough not his coaching abilities because he has done more with less than most. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you think Coach Rash would be a good hire for Highlands?

Absolutely. He is a great coach and his players love him. The question is why would Rash go there? Would he get the same support from Highlands administration that he gets at Beechwood? At Beechwood everyone in administration from the superintendent on down are huge supporters of Rash. That means a lot! 

1 minute ago, The sarge said:

Sign

Yes, Walton has made it to a final 4 by beating a Glasgow team(This should have peaked your interest) with several D-1 recruits one holding an offer from Alabama. They play this Friday night for a second trip to a state semi final. He has not lost a district game since 2013 and yes it is a weak district but none the less he has dominated it. The argument then is only that his resume is only not good enough not his coaching abilities because he has done more with less than most. 

The Glasgow win is a good one. I don't buy he has done more with less. Walton has good players, nice facilities, very good school system. It would be nice to see he had at least made a title game appearance. I am not knocking him. I think his resume will be surpassed by others that apply.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The Glasgow win is a good one. I don't buy he has done more with less. Walton has good players, nice facilities, very good school system. It would be nice to see he had at least made a title game appearance. I am not knocking him. I think his resume will be surpassed by others that apply.

Completely agreed, VOR.

33 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You are assuming he wins the 2A title? As to something to prove, he has never won a 2A title.

I just meant at Beechwood in general. He's got the hardware. Is there really a big difference in a 2A title versus a 1A title? No, IMO. 

24 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Absolutely. He is a great coach and his players love him. The question is why would Rash go there? Would he get the same support from Highlands administration that he gets at Beechwood? At Beechwood everyone in administration from the superintendent on down are huge supporters of Rash. That means a lot! 

The only reason I can think of is if Coach Rash wants a new challenge.

33 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree to disagree on that point.