Open Job: Highlands

theguru

My list of Highlands Guys......

Chris Wolfe (Lou Male)

Jeff Barth (Walton Verona)

Steve Lickert (Newport Central Catholic)

Mike Mitchell (WHY NOT) Other than not having Head Coaching Experience. But he would be my 1st call to Coach my DB's if I'm hired at any School. Dude knows the game!

Bert Bathiany (Wittenburg University)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

My list of Highlands Guys......

Chris Wolfe (Lou Male)

Jeff Barth (Walton Verona)

Steve Lickert (Newport Central Catholic)

Mike Mitchell (WHY NOT) Other than not having Head Coaching Experience. But he would be my 1st call to Coach my DB's if I'm hired at any School. Dude knows the game!

Bert Bathiany (Wittenburg University)

I would love to see Mike Mitchell on staff. 

Now Eviston would bring the great offensive mindset that someone mentioned earlier in this discussion. 

I see Eddie moving on to a college level job within the next 2 years so not sure why he would risk taking a Highlands job that may take 2 yrs to get back on track. 

I mean someone said Gino is earning $260k per year. All great QBs think alike...

• Like 2

I would also like to see more Position oriented Coaches on Highlands staff. Simon Kenton's very own Kris Nevels who lives in Ft Thomas has offered to help with the DB's and has been told No Thank you a couple of different times.

I'm a firm believer that you are only as good as the people you put around you. Even Dale Mueller couldn't do it all. He will argue a different outcome but lets be real. He had some pretty good Defensive minds on staff with Weinrich and Dave Meadows of Newport Central Catholic.

Why isn't Dave coaching in Ft Thomas? His son is a 7th grader and will be going through the system. Someone needs to call that Dude too.....I hope whoever is hired can listen to some of the resources we have in our town. But whoever is hired I'm sure will put together a very nice Staff.

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Eddie Eviston will be the next head coach at Georgetown imo.  Might Tom Bolden be interested in this job?  How about the head coach at Mount St. Joes?

Tom Bolden? How about George Halas while we are at it? 

West is a MUCH better job than Highlands and I doubt that they could pay him anywhere near as much as he is making right now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Now Eviston would bring the great offensive mindset that someone mentioned earlier in this discussion. 

I see Eddie moving on to a college level job within the next 2 years so not sure why he would risk taking a Highlands job that may take 2 yrs to get back on track. 

I mean someone said Gino is earning $260k per year. All great QBs think alike...

Agree here on Eviston. Only high school job I could see him moving to would be one of the big GCL contenders. More likely though the next move would be to the college ranks for him. 

5 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Tom Bolden? How about George Halas while we are at it? 

West is a MUCH better job than Highlands and I doubt that they could pay him anywhere near as much as he is making right now. 

THIS. West is a much better job with a much higher level of talent to work with. 

I would like to throw this out as an outsider. 

Highlands (or their fans) need to wake up and smell some reality. 

Chuck Smith? Tom Bolden? EDDIE EVISTON? Seriously -- why not Nick Saban? Why Not John Madden? 

The most desired head coaches currently see Highlands as a place to have to deal with unrealistic expectations from an extremely unrealistic fanbase. I don't know if the last staff was the problem. But I would have to be in a miserable job to want to insert myself into this situation. From the outside looking in - the unrealistic expectations, unrealistic coaching targets really make me wonder if this is a tenable situation. 

Highlands needs to come to grips with the fact that Tommy B, Chuck S, Bob S, Noel R are not walking through the door. The real question is -- can the fanbase deal with that? 

My advice -- sell the farm to get Wolfe. He is a great option and he understands the environment. If that doesn't work out change directions ASAP or you will lose out. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

I would like to throw this out as an outsider. 

Highlands (or their fans) need to wake up and smell some reality. 

Chuck Smith? Tom Bolden? EDDIE EVISTON? Seriously -- why not Nick Saban? Why Not John Madden? 

The most desired head coaches currently see Highlands as a place to have to deal with unrealistic expectations from an extremely unrealistic fanbase. I don't know if the last staff was the problem. But I would have to be in a miserable job to want to insert myself into this situation. From the outside looking in - the unrealistic expectations, unrealistic coaching targets really make me wonder if this is a tenable situation. 

Highlands needs to come to grips with the fact that Tommy B, Chuck S, Bob S, Noel R are not walking through the door. The real question is -- can the fanbase deal with that? 

I tend to agree with you @gbballfan21 and I have been thinking about starting a thread asking if all things considered is Highlands a good job?

• Like 2