We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

9 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Nobody should be pressured, coerced, or fear reprisal for refusing any medical treatment, including the Covid-19 vaccine.  My 2 cents for what it’s worth.

There are consequences to every action (and non-action).

Copied from a Facebook post...

You are not vaccinated, I respect your choice.
I am vaccinated, so in turn please respect my choice ...
I'm vaccinated, not because of any laws, but:
* To not die from Covid-19.
* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To hug my loved ones.
* To not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go to a dance, go to a restaurant, go on vacation and many more things to come ...
* To live my life.
* To have kids go back to school and play sports.
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
* To protect us.
On the other hand, no, I don't know what's in it - neither in this vaccine, the ones I had as a child, nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments, whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for polyarthritis, vaccines for infants or children.
I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or other meds, it just cures my headaches, my pains ...
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos.
In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know.
I just know one thing: life is short, very short, so I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying cloistered at home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear, find a little feeling of life "before".
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, yellow fever and a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases ... just saying.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Nobody should be pressured, coerced, or fear reprisal for refusing any medical treatment, including the Covid-19 vaccine.  My 2 cents for what it’s worth.

Generally speaking, I agree. I believe there are exceptions to this rule, but I am not sure we are to that point, especially with a proven vaccine for those that want it. The only thing I struggle with in this situation is the hardship it is causing on hospitals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Freedom has never been a smooth endeavor. If this can be forced on us in the name of safety, that’s a very slippery slope my friend.

I agree.

However, seatbelt laws for adults and helmet laws for motorcycles come to mind as safety being forced on us…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Freedom has never been a smooth endeavor. If this can be forced on us in the name of safety, that’s a very slippery slope my friend.

Nobody is being forced to take the vacccine. You have a choice. Choices have consequences. 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Nobody is being forced to take the vacccine. You have a choice. Choices have consequences. 

You and I rarely agree so I’m not surprised we don’t on medical freedom.  I must ask though, will Pfizer and soon Moderna stop forcing people to sign waivers, since it’s (fully approved?). 

I remember being a young healthcare worker with people coming in begging for this new miracle rheumatoid arthritis drug, Vioxx, freshly minted by FDA.  I also remember people saying they felt light headed, 60,000 deaths later the FDA pulled it off the market. 

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

You and I rarely agree so I’m not surprised we don’t on medical freedom.  I must ask though, will Pfizer and soon Moderna stop forcing people to sign waivers, since it’s (fully approved?). 

There's nothing to agree/disagree about. Nobody is or will be forced to take any vaccine. 

6 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I remember being a young healthcare worker with people coming in begging for this new miracle rheumatoid arthritis drug, Vioxx, freshly minted by FDA.  I also remember people saying they felt light headed, 60,000 deaths later the FDA pulled it off the market. 

Vioxx is still available for use today.  I am not sure the FDA ever pulled it off the market. One or two of the companies making it pulled it from the market. But it was further reviewed and approved for continued use by the FDA and in Canada also.

10 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

If you don’t agree with that, you can’t sit here and say “nobody is being forced to vaccinate.”   I’m confused on your position?

What’s confusing? I can imagine scenarios where it would be appropriate to “force” people to get vaccinated. That is not happening, and likely won’t. Just because an employer says “get the vaccine or find a new job,” that is not forcing you to get vaccinated. That’s forcing you to make a choice. 

• Like 1