We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

Only a very few settings I will consider wearing a mask again.  I'm holding on to hope that this whole Delta Variant stuff moves on quickly like it supposedly did in other parts of the world.  With that said, I have a feeling things won't start to turn around again until mid November. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Same around here.

Was in your neck of the woods on Sunday to pick up a truck cap for my son's vehicle.  We stopped off the St. Matthews exit to get some lunch before heading back.  We went first to Blaze Pizza, but the line was so long and seemingly not moving, so we went over to Qdoba.  Was surprised at the number of people I saw wearing masks, even though neither location required them, quite honestly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Was in your neck of the woods on Sunday to pick up a truck cap for my son's vehicle.  We stopped off the St. Matthews exit to get some lunch before heading back.  We went first to Blaze Pizza, but the line was so long and seemingly not moving, so we went over to Qdoba.  Was surprised at the number of people I saw wearing masks, even though neither location required them, quite honestly.

In general, the majority of people have been great about masking in Louisville, in my experience. Even when most everyone had gone back to not wearing them, everywhere I went there were still always a handful of people wearing them. Over the past couple weeks, there have been A LOT more people wearing them again. 

We were close to returning to the office for work, but we've reverted back to continued work from home for the foreseeable future.   Even our sales people aren't allowed to visit clients unless specifically invited and they feel safe going.

I was talking with a health care professional today. He said things are getting bad. Beds are filling fast and it is a lot of younger people in their 30's and 40's with no co-morbidity. They have a patient now who is a 43 year old male in excellent health and works out regularly who is fighting for his life on a ventilator. Don't be afraid to tell those you know who are not vaccinated that they need to really think again about getting the vaccine. There is no proven scientific reason to not get vaccinated. It may not keep you from getting COVID but it is proven that it will keep you alive and avoid serious issues.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:57 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I was talking with a health care professional today. He said things are getting bad. Beds are filling fast and it is a lot of younger people in their 30's and 40's with no co-morbidity. They have a patient now who is a 43 year old male in excellent health and works out regularly who is fighting for his life on a ventilator. Don't be afraid to tell those you know who are not vaccinated that they need to really think again about getting the vaccine. There is no proven scientific reason to not get vaccinated. It may not keep you from getting COVID but it is proven that it will keep you alive and avoid serious issues.

Heard the same from a nurse yesterday.  She said her hospital will likely be going all hands on deck this week with their increased numbers.  As of Friday, 95% of their covid patients were unvaccinated and they lost an 18 year old and I think, 35 year old.  They're seeing much younger people this time around.

A friend of mine in Florida just lost their baseball coach last week.  If I had to guess, he was in his mid to late 30s and looked like a healthy guy.  He wasn't vaccinated.