We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

There's book smarts, and then there's common sense...

Although you'd hope someone with enough book smarts to be a doctor would be able to figure out you should be taking the vaccine. I hope it was worth it. 

Lol, unless someone gifted him with the $250K+ it costs to get through medical school....then no, it wasn't worth it. At 42 years old, he still has PLENTY of med school loans to pay on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Saw a decent number of folks post this meme on Facebook when people started widely getting vaccinated for COVID. I get the humor of it, given the whole worldwide pandemic scenario...but...it isn't aging well. 

One of the few doctors at UofL Hospital my wife knows who vocally objected to COVID precautions and refused to get vaccinated....just retired from medicine at age 42 due to long-term shortness of breath and cognitive loss/forgetfulness that has come to be associated with long-haulers COVID. Whoops.... 🤷‍♂️

Funny meme, though.

covid-19-vaccine-meme-will-smith-legend-

I love this meme and Will Smith is one of my favorite actors. 

6 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

There's book smarts, and then there's common sense...

Although you'd hope someone with enough book smarts to be a doctor would be able to figure out you should be taking the vaccine. I hope it was worth it. 

I've had Covid AND the Vaccine, I guess I'm screwed either which way. 

Considering we now know that vaccinated people carry essentially the same amount of viral load of COVID with them as non-vaccinated people it is clearly time to open everything up with no restrictions and let nature take its course.   With that said, for anyone that makes a personal choice to take more precautions, more power to them, but again, all third parties need to get off everyone's behind and let nature take its course.

• Like 5

On 7/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, theguru said:

Considering we now know that vaccinated people carry essentially the same amount of viral load of COVID with them as non-vaccinated people it is clearly time to open everything up with no restrictions and let nature take its course.   With that said, for anyone that makes a personal choice to take more precautions, more power to them, but again, all third parties need to get off everyone's behind and let nature take its course.

I’m vaxxed so I am good with this now.  Have at it.  What happens happens.  

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, theguru said:

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

I’m vaxxed so I am good with this now.  Have at it.  What happens happens.  

I'm definitely in this boat.  Stop with all the restrictions that are being re-implemented and lockdown talks and let happen what happens.  If people chose not to get vaccinated, that's the choice they've made.  If there are health consequences that come as a result, so be it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I'm definitely in this boat.  Stop with all the restrictions that are being re-implemented and lockdown talks and let happen what happens.  If people chose not to get vaccinated, that's the choice they've made.  If there are health consequences that come as a result, so be it.

I’ll honestly be surprised if we go back to lockdowns.  I can see school being messed with some but I think we’ll be free from lockdowns.   I hope so anyways.  

• Like 1

I’ll honestly be surprised if we go back to lockdowns.  I can see school being messed with some but I think we’ll be free from lockdowns.   I hope so anyways.  

Agreed. Once everything opened, I think that was the end of lockdowns. People just aren't going to go for it again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Agreed. Once everything opened, I think that was the end of lockdowns. People just aren't going to go for it again. 

I agree too and while I am at it what kind of monster(s) target children with these draconian measures.

59 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree too and while I am at it what kind of monster(s) target children with these draconian measures.

Well they aren't draconian measures, for one. But it's the same people that suggest children get all vaccinations, not just this one. 

• Like 1