We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

35 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is an informative video that tells us masks don't work, vaccines don't stop infection/spread, the official advice/mandates we are getting are wrong, shots cause more side effects in people with natural immunity, and people shouldn't be treated any differently depending on their vaccination status. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSVsKdBjeYc/?utm_medium=copy_link&fbclid=IwAR3YwU2ja4zRhSl-YDJ7PL_CCJZ3X8ZKfnm9-JxknCPSST7q-JQr72Wmk1k

YT of same (while it last): 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9KnhUu7Ba4&t=1s

There are various videos out there now with similar type of information from different MDs being presented to school boards. 

• Thanks 1

I have been and still am against mandates of any kind. If a business wants to refuse service for not wearing a mask or getting a vaccine so be it.  At this point in time that's about the only type of regulating of people's choices that I find acceptable.  This coming from a guy that's been fully vaccinated for a few months now. 

• Like 2

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

I have been and still am against mandates of any kind. If a business wants to refuse service for not wearing a mask or getting a vaccine so be it.  At this point in time that's about the only type of regulating of people's choices that I find acceptable.  This coming from a guy that's been fully vaccinated for a few months now. 

There with you.

And let's be real. Those that are going to be requiring it are doing so for liability purposes... which I get, btw.

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

There with you.

And let's be real. Those that are going to be requiring it are doing so for liability purposes... which I get, btw.

Why not then require the same for other infectious diseases, virus, etc.  If you catch whooping cough - can you sue your employer if you think it was passed at work?   So why just the 'Rona?  If an employer is liable - then they could and should be liable for all other communicable disease protection. 

Its apparent the businesses maybe more fearful of the powers that be than individuals in terms of liability. 

6 minutes ago, bugatti said:

There with you.

Agreed.  Someone today also brought up the point that some employers are tired of having to pay OT for employees that test positive, in terms of coverage for 10 days while that employee is quarantined.  Which after thinking about that, I realized how little we hear about contract tracing nowadays. Compared to a year ago anyways. 

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

This is an informative video that tells us masks don't work, vaccines don't stop infection/spread, the official advice/mandates we are getting are wrong, shots cause more side effects in people with natural immunity, and people shouldn't be treated any differently depending on their vaccination status. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSVsKdBjeYc/?utm_medium=copy_link&fbclid=IwAR3YwU2ja4zRhSl-YDJ7PL_CCJZ3X8ZKfnm9-JxknCPSST7q-JQr72Wmk1k

Here is it on Youtube too, at least for the time being:

22 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Agreed.  Someone today also brought up the point that some employers are tired of having to pay OT for employees that test positive, in terms of coverage for 10 days while that employee is quarantined.  Which after thinking about that, I realized how little we hear about contract tracing nowadays. Compared to a year ago anyways. 

Me too because ultimately that ends up costing a lot of money for "data" that it is mostly beyond its shelf life.

I will say I saw a recent new report claiming one of the conditions of returning to work for the Chicago teachers union was a contact tracer in every school or something similar to that. 

39 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

My wife's employer is now requiring PTO for those not vaccinated. Which seems like a natural step many will start taking.

The video of the doctor in Mt. Vernon has him talking about ADE - Aniti-body Dependent Enhancement.   He explains why its an important to know or this phenomenon and why it may explain why vaxxed individuals are getting COVID and having to be hospitalized.  

Here is a study about the ethic of a lack of plan and highlighted disclosure to trial subject as to the inherent risk of ADE with SARS vaccines based on previous research and vaccine attempts. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/

From above:

3. CONCLUSION

Given the strong evidence that ADE is a non‐theoretical and compelling risk for COVID‐19 vaccines...

The informed consent process for ongoing COVID‐19 vaccine trials does not appear to meet this standard. While the COVID‐19 global health emergency justifies accelerated vaccine trials of candidates with known liabilities, such an acceleration is not inconsistent with additional attention paid to heightened informed consent procedures specific to COVID‐19 vaccine risks.

This begs the question:

Since the vaccines are still in a world-wide "trial" should not this same informed consent be applied to each application of this experimental treatment?  Is the risk of ADE specifically disclosed or called out when taking the vaxx?

On 8/7/2021 at 3:59 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I was a huge proponent of wearing masks. Now I am opposed. With the vaccine available to anyone and every one, I say no more mask rules and let everyone deal with the consequences of their choice. Survival of the fittest. But that could change. If the variants don't take care of this before we get to deaths of young people who can't get vaccinated, then mask back on. It is fluid. The rules a year ago and 6 months ago and today are probably different than what they will be 6 months from now.

I have not changed what I do at all. I could care less about the any current rule, mandate, or trend. I still wear a mask when in a public place or at work. I still social distance and isolate as much as possible. I knew before I was vaccinated that I could still get the virus, carry, and spread it. I have no desire to be sick with COVID, even if the vaccine makes its systems less prevalent. Therefore it makes sense, to me anyway, to continue to treat it as I have been. 

Also, I have not been sick with even the common cold in more that 2 years, now. Win! Win!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theguru said:

Here is some more info to think about:

May be an image of 1 person and text

That is an interesting take. A quick search of Lindsay shows that she's been called out multiple times for misleading claims on COVID, including warning of us sterilizing an entire generation. Not saying this discredits this statement, just providing context.

As I have said multiple times, you can find videos, quotes, excerpts, memes, etc. to support any viewpoint we want to see. When the overwhelming majority of doctors/scientists (97%+ ?) paid to do these things are saying one thing, I am not searching for the zag.

I'm with VOR on this one. We have a vaccine that appears to be doing a good job of protecting those vaccinated. It's available. Let's carry on. If you move forward the clock to 2052 the anti-vax crowd will still be saying not enough testing has taken place, or some other reason. The saving grace is that we are much better at treating COVID than we were at the start and most of the vulnerable have taken the shots.

It is alarming when you see states like Texas and Florida having to (re)postpone elective surgeries... that I hope nobody will dispute.

Let's all be as responsible as we can.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bugatti said:

That is an interesting take. A quick search of Lindsay shows that she's been called out multiple times for misleading claims on COVID, including warning of us sterilizing an entire generation. Not saying this discredits this statement, just providing context.

As I have said multiple times, you can find videos, quotes, excerpts, memes, etc. to support any viewpoint we want to see. When the overwhelming majority of doctors/scientists (97%+ ?) paid to do these things are saying one thing, I am not searching for the zag.

I'm with VOR on this one. We have a vaccine that appears to be doing a good job of protecting those vaccinated. It's available. Let's carry on. If you move forward the clock to 2052 the anti-vax crowd will still be saying not enough testing has taken place, or some other reason. The saving grace is that we are much better at treating COVID than we were at the start and most of the vulnerable have taken the shots.

It is alarming when you see states like Texas and Florida having to (re)postpone elective surgeries... that I hope nobody will dispute.

Let's all be as responsible as we can.

I hear you bug.  It is an interesting take especially absent of any peer reviewed studies on this topic.  So what is the "truth" on this subject and why don't we all know it?  I think what we do know is anything that may be a negative about the vaccine gets buried and then we are left with you can find anything to support your viewpoint blah blah blah which ultimately leads to shut up and get the jab.