Pick your vacation

Randy Parker

#3 and #6 are definitely off the table. I've never had a desire to go on a cruise, even before CV-19. While I'm sure I would probably enjoy going on one, to me, it would be like being stuck in a giant hotel for a week, except that hotel is on the ocean and you get a couple quick visits to different locations. I'd rather be somewhere on my schedule not a cruise ships. And camping just does nothing for me. There's not enough to get me excited for option #2 either. I'm just a swimming pool short of being able to do that at home.

That leaves #1, #4, #5. I love the beach, and I'd never turn a beach vacation down. I also like getting off the grid, and have done the private cabin a few times in my life. But there are just so many choices and options to see cool, once in a lifetime, historical things, that I'd probably pick #4 and visit a historic city over all others.

I can get 1 and 2 about any time. I’ll be the outlier and take door number 4.

There are times I've really enjoyed a trip like No. 4. But in these last couple years as I've been settling into a new office in a new town and trying to get my client base together while working 50+ hours every week, going somewhere where I can just be still, relax, function without a clock and just breathe has been incredibly appealing.

The loss of the Michigan trip next month will hit me really hard when the time comes, even if we've rescheduled it for later this year. 10 days on the lakefront is EXACTLY what I need after the last few months.