Coronavirus Courtesy

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next challenge on the courtesy front is going to be people working or attending large gatherings with symptoms. Reports are already out on several incidents where infected people have exposed large amounts of people.

In Missouri, two workers at a salon worked with symptoms and exposed 140 customers over a week. The salon workers did wear masks and follow other guidelines for cleansing etc. Hopefully they did not infect others.

In Arkansas, an outbreak has been traced back to a pool party.

In California, a church goer on Mother's Day tested positive the day after church, causing 180 fellow church goers to potentially be exposed and require follow up testing. Hopefully this church fares better than the one a month earlier in California where 71 people became infected.

These are the stories and challenges we will face throughout the reopening. Every person has to be extremely vigilant in being safe and taking steps to protect others they come in contact with in the reopened economy. Courtesy and putting others above your own selfish desires are needed.

Yep, saw rudeness today as well, at Home Depot. Woman who claimed to be a nurse complaining about her cart being wet where they sprayed disinfectant. I really feel for the employees working at these places. People just have no patience or tolerance. I see an opportunity for some sort of Serenity Now t-shirts.

If you are not wearing a mask, then please social distance. Sports are alive and well at the grocery store as I box out at the fridge cases to grab my milk before no distance/no mask dude commits a travel and a charge.

Have been in Florida the last few days. For the most part, people have been very respectful. Restaurants working hard to keep social distancing. Maybe because this is a much older community (I am young here!).

Pouring rain today so we went to an off track wagering place to bet Churchill. Had to sign a paper upon entering saying that I would not sue them if I got sick.

Too rainy for beaches, but this is not a summertime hot spot, so they are rarely busy.

Seems a lot calmer and less angry down here.

Have been in Florida the last few days. For the most part, people have been very respectful. Restaurants working hard to keep social distancing. Maybe because this is a much older community (I am young here!).

Pouring rain today so we went to an off track wagering place to bet Churchill. Had to sign a paper upon entering saying that I would not sue them if I got sick.

Too rainy for beaches, but this is not a summertime hot spot, so they are rarely busy.

Seems a lot calmer and less angry down here.

Overall what percentage of people are wearing masks?

Also, I have been in Kroger twice in the last week and the mask wearing is definitely less than 50% and much less than 50% yesterday.

Went to red lobster yesterday, not very busy by the way, but felt good to have a waitress serve us. Saw no one walk in with a mask, of course the staff all had mask and was told they change gloves ever time they serve a plate. We did walk in with mask in hand and if there would have been people waiting, I would have put it on. They had ever other table blocked off and no groups larger than 6 can sit together.

Also, I have been in Kroger twice in the last week and the mask wearing is definitely less than 50% and much less than 50% yesterday.

In our favorite bar/restaurant only the servers wore masks, so I would say 20% at most, but they did space things out and people behaved. Plus, it is very well ventilated with open windows. Today at OTW about 90% of the people wore masks (first day open)They were eating and drinking there, but put their masks back on in between.

Grocery store about 50/50 but this is a snow bird place and the stores aren’t anything like Kroger in aft Mitchell.

@Beechwoodfan appears not to be near a metropolitan area or in a senior resort area of some type. At the Publix I went to last week, in Oldsmar, I'd say more than 70% of the customers were wearing masks. Of course all of the employees were wearing them. However, I did not go when it would normally be busy.

@Beechwoodfan appears not to be near a metropolitan area or in a senior resort area of some type. At the Publix I went to last week, in Oldsmar, I'd say more than 70% of the customers were wearing masks. Of course all of the employees were wearing them. However, I did not go when it would normally be busy.

We are in Vero Beach. The complex we stay in is usually 75% empty by now. Fuller than usual as I think a lot of New Yorkers did not go home for this summer. Definitely not near a metropolitan area.

I have been in Kroger, Wal-Mart and Target since Friday. In all three places people wearing masks outweighed those not wearing them by at least 3 to 1.