Coronavirus Courtesy

I witnessed an altercation at a pizza place offering carry out. Someone was inside picking up there order. Inside area can fit at least two people with social distancing measures in place. Two people outside wearing masks, refusing to go in. This caused a line outside. Weather wasn’t bad so didn’t bother me much. Asked them if they checked on their order and they said no. They explained they were not going to crowd the guy inside. Guy inside was not wearing a mask and either were the workers. After asking the ladies response was nice, the male was not so much. Like I was pressuring him to go inside. I was not wearing a mask because I don’t believe it is going to help myself or anyone else. I ignored his attitude and continued to wait. Another couple walks up, no mask. Older couple. Male walks in and asked about his order. Proceeds to get cussed out by male with mask waiting outside. Male with mask then gets confronted my the female who’s husband walked inside. She simply asked what did you say? He mumbled another response with some poor language. Keep in mind everyone was social distancing outside of the establishment. I made the statement that if you are so worried about crowding and people not wearing a mask then you should have probably had your food delivered. He had a good stare at me and I basically laughed it off. Kept shaking his head and I continued to ignore it. When he made the accusation that “we” were part of the problem then that’s when people outside had enough including myself. My statement to him was mind your own business. This is a public sidewalk. 10 years ago...I would have dropped him after the first couple of comments. There will be altercations. Unless it is someone not wearing a mask making fun of people who are then most of the time this will be the mask wearers causing the issue. Keep your mouth shut, observe people’s personal space and things should be good. I have done my necessary research, calling me selfish for not wearing a mask is ridiculous. If a place requires it I will wear one but if they do not then you won’t see one on me.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say however I did have a little issue with my flight attendant today. I was on a small plane. 2 seats on each side of the aisle. It was a full flight. I was in the very back but they kept the back 2 rows empty to allow social distancing for the lavatory. But a gentleman 2 rows in front of me saw they were empty and moved back there while we were taxiing from the gate and the flight attendant told him he couldn’t sit there because it violated their social distancing practices. He didn’t really say anything and just went back to his seat. But I looked at the flight attendant and said, please explain to me how making him go back to his seat sitting next to a complete stranger on a full flight is better social distancing than letting him sit in a row by himself. She mumbled her snooty response about it being social distancing for the lavatory completely ignoring the fact that if someone needed to use the bathroom they had to walk past all of the people to get to the bathroom anyways. My gf gave me a look like please don’t make a scene so I let it go, but I was just like wow. How could a company as big as American Airlines come up with such a ridiculous policy? I mean that was literally the dumbest thing I’ve heard. I sat there and laughed about it the entire flight.

So pack-em, rack-em and stack-em into a 2x2 Candair or Embraer . But, hey, they are wearing mask - that makes it OK. Hence the insanity of the current climate.

My cousin flies SW and they keeping middle seats reserved so that no one is directly next to another. I assume he is flying Airbus 3xx. And they are running deals right now.

What about being courteous to me not wanting to wear a mask? This goes both ways. I'm more of a believer in the effectiveness of social distancing.

Wait, what? :lol2:

I had to read that a couple of times.

10 years ago...I would have dropped him after the first couple of comments. There will be altercations. Unless it is someone not wearing a mask making fun of people who are then most of the time this will be the mask wearers causing the issue.

Yet here you are talking about how you would have dropped someone ten years ago. :lol2:

I don't know how you could possibly say most of the altercations will be started by people wearing masks when the overwhelming majority of people making a big deal about it are the people NOT wearing masks.

Wait, what? :lol2:

I had to read that a couple of times.

Yeah, courtesy and respect are a two way street. If someone doesn't like that I'm not wearing a mask, then they can be polite and ask if I'd keep my distance from them in a nice demeanor. Rather then immediately taking shaming tactics and calling non mask wearers selfish, let us be courteous about it. It's that simple.

We did it. We complied. We stayed home.

We wanted the economy to open back up. We NEED our businesses to open back up. We are now given a glimmer of hope for normalcy. A chance for people to get their jobs back, go to the gym, go to places of worship, and maybe sports start again.

Now we have a new problem. We are back on the playground. Someone can’t have it their way. So take your ball and go home.

Yet here you are talking about how you would have dropped someone ten years ago. :lol2:

I don't know how you could possibly say most of the altercations will be started by people wearing masks when the overwhelming majority of people making a big deal about it are the people NOT wearing masks.

People not wearing mask are not saying anything to those who are. I don’t know how much you have been out but the example being given on here are of people wearing mask mad about people who are not. If you chose to wear a mask, I don’t care. It is your choice, just don’t say anything to me about not wearing one. Pretty easy to understand if you ask me.

I also don’t understand how saying how I would have handled something 10 years ago is laughable?? It’s called maturing. It’s called understanding other people’s views and how they handle things. Either way I will not stand by and be ridiculed for not wearing a mask. Instead of handling it with a confrontation, I will handle it with the simple reasons and explanations of why. If the person confronting me wants to act like a fool than so be it. Will just be embarrassing for them in my opinion.

Edited by STPB
Mistype

We did it. We complied. We stayed home.

We wanted the economy to open back up. We NEED our businesses to open back up. We are now given a glimmer of hope for normalcy. A chance for people to get their jobs back, go to the gym, go to places of worship, and maybe sports start again.

Now we have a new problem. We are back on the playground. Someone can’t have it their way. So take your ball and go home.

So you're saying take your mask and go home? :D

Sorry, the door was open.

So you're saying take your mask and go home? :D

Sorry, the door was open.

Whatever. Don’t care. It’s a strange world that we live in. People are going to interpret their entitlement the way that they want to.

For the old lady shopping, who lives alone with no help/no family, I’m wearing my mask for her.

People not wearing mask are not saying anything to those who are. I don’t know how much you have been out but the example being given on here are of people wearing mask mad about people who are not. If you chose to wear a mask, I don’t care. It is your choice, just don’t say anything to me about not wearing one. Pretty easy to understand if you ask me.

I have already on more than one occasion seen and heard people not wearing masks making snide comments about everyone who was.

I have already on more than one occasion seen and heard people not wearing masks making snide comments about everyone who was.

Well that is a shame then because I don’t understand why they would. To each their own. So you have seen it on one side and I have the other. So both sides should keep their mouth shut and let people make their own choices.