Coronavirus Independence Day

If the USA is opened back up in 2020 will you go back out in public?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. If the USA is opened back up in 2020 will you go back out in public?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but always with a mask on
    • Depends on the situation with COVID-19

Do most of you think that there won’t be a second wave once the country is re-opened?

Yes, I am aware that other countries are slowly re-opening but we all know we can’t trust any data from China. As of today, no one has really re-opened long enough to give us data one way or the other.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

California seems to be ahead of COVID-19 compared to other states with large populations.

They are sending 500 ventilators to other states that are in need.

They have less deaths than Louisiana and Michigan despite having a population of 39M compared to a combined 13M for Louisiana and Michigan.

California’s plans...........

When will California stay at home orders end? Not soon - Los Angeles Times

SAN FRANCISCO —

“Even as California sees glimmers of hope amid the coronavirus outbreak, authorities warn that the Golden State won’t be getting back to normal anytime soon.

Officials expect months more of some social distancing policies and warn that lifting the strict rules too early could worsen the health crisis.

The public should realize that coronavirus cases are likely to rise when stay-at-home orders are eased, officials said.”

“There will definitely be individuals who will get sick. And because there are individuals who get sick, there will be individuals who die after the order is released, unless we come up with a foolproof immunization, which is highly unlikely,” said Dr. Jeffrey Smith, Santa Clara County executive officer.

Smith on Tuesday told that county’s Board of Supervisors that he did not expect there would be “any sports games until at least Thanksgiving, and we’d be lucky to have them by Thanksgiving. This is not something that’s going to be easy to do.”

In fact, it’s unlikely the new coronavirus will be completely eradicated, and the disease could become seasonal, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CBS this week.”

Do most of you think that there won’t be a second wave once the country is re-opened?

Yes, I am aware that other countries are slowly re-opening but we all know we can’t trust any data from China. As of today, no one has really re-opened long enough to give us data one way or the other.

South Korea never had a shutdown.

South Korea never had a shutdown.

You sure about that?

I’m finding that they didn’t have a mandatory shutdown but they closed schools, encouraged corporations to have their employees work from home as they closed offices and they closed public spaces where large gatherings of people could occur and cancelled public events.

So no, they didn’t have a mandatory shutdown but we haven’t either.

I’m finding that they didn’t have a mandatory shutdown but they closed schools, encouraged corporations to have their employees work from home as they closed offices and they closed public spaces where large gatherings of people could occur and cancelled public events.

Judging by the SK success they listened to the requests of the government and believe the science.

Huge difference here in the good ole USA.

Judging by the SK success they listened to the requests of the government and believe the science.

Huge difference here in the good ole USA.

They probably just cut off Seoul. North Korea helped. Their hot spot was on other side of the peninsula and Seoul was hardly hit.

The logistics are completely different in the two countries. And when New Yorkers are encouraged to right the subways - ugh.

Restaurants and malls stayed open. Factories kept running. There were some restrictions but nothing like the US. If you want a roadmap on how to run open with the virus, there it is. Testing and aggressive quarantine of contacts of those who test positive are the keys.

Basically, nothing has changed for me. Other than the CDC recommended ritual when coming home from work, I do virtually nothing different than I did before the virus appeared. I get up at the same time. Go to work. Walk in the evening. Come home, shower, eat dinner, and go to bed. Rinse and repeat. If anything, I am busier, now than I was prior to the virus.

So when it is over, all that will happen is that I won't be spaying my shoes with alcohol and taking off my clothes in the garage. (The neighbors will be relived, though, since my garage door is broken and as been locked open. :D)

Restaurants and malls stayed open. Factories kept running. There were some restrictions but nothing like the US. If you want a roadmap on how to run open with the virus, there it is. Testing and aggressive quarantine of contacts of those who test positive are the keys.

I didn’t know they kept restaurants and malls open. That’s impressive. They did a great job of identifying the virus, where is was and containing it to specified areas. They gave the blueprint on how to handle the pandemic.

Which is another point. We don’t compare to South Korea. We never took it as serious as they did. We didn’t prepare like they did. We weren’t proactive like they were. We were reactive. Huge, glaring differences. And even still their concern is the second wave. If they have a second wave and are prepared for it how will we be prepared for our second wave when we are still battling the first wave?

Basically, nothing has changed for me. Other than the CDC recommended ritual when coming home from work, I do virtually nothing different than I did before the virus appeared. I get up at the same time. Go to work. Walk in the evening. Come home, shower, eat dinner, and go to bed. Rinse and repeat. If anything, I am busier, now than I was prior to the virus.

So when it is over, all that will happen is that I won't be spaying my shoes with alcohol and taking off my clothes in the garage. (The neighbors will be relived, though, since my garage door is broken and as been locked open. :D)

I still work everyday also. The only difference in my life is that my weekends are spent at home instead of out and about in Lexington. And no gambling or DFS. Other than that my daily routine is the same except I am wearing a mask out in public and my respirator at work a whole lot more.

I anticipate keeping this routine until next year some time.

I didn’t know they kept restaurants and malls open. That’s impressive. They did a great job of identifying the virus, where is was and containing it to specified areas. They gave the blueprint on how to handle the pandemic.

Which is another point. We don’t compare to South Korea. We never took it as serious as they did. We didn’t prepare like they did. We weren’t proactive like they were. We were reactive. Huge, glaring differences. And even still their concern is the second wave. If they have a second wave and are prepared for it how will we be prepared for our second wave when we are still battling the first wave?

All those failures is a leadership issue. South Korea started mass producing test kits before they had their first case.

I still work everyday also. The only difference in my life is that my weekends are spent at home instead of out and about in Lexington. And no gambling or DFS. Other than that my daily routine is the same except I am wearing a mask out in public and my respirator at work a whole lot more.

I anticipate keeping this routine until next year some time.

I work most Saturdays. And Sunday is the day I relax and gel out. Mrs. and I generally do not go anywhere on the weekends, unless it is college football season, anyway. I have groceries, restaurant orders, and supplies delivered, so there is no need for me or Mrs. S to be out in public, other than me working. Mrs. S has not left the house in over a month.

I see my daughter almost every day and we "Duo" with my son's family on the weekends. Fact is, I see more of my family, now, than before Corvid-19.