Coronavirus Independence Day

If the USA is opened back up in 2020 will you go back out in public?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. If the USA is opened back up in 2020 will you go back out in public?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but always with a mask on
    • Depends on the situation with COVID-19

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do most of you think that there won’t be a second wave once the country is re-opened?

Yes, I am aware that other countries are slowly re-opening but we all know we can’t trust any data from China. As of today, no one has really re-opened long enough to give us data one way or the other.

It's a lose/lose proposition. At some point things have to be opened back up, right? As you said, there will be another flair up at some point after restrictions are eased.

Open too early, lose...Health Concerns.

Open too late, lose...Economy Concerns.

Open just right, still lose...because someone, somewhere will get sick and die from it.

An infectious disease expert on TV said we’re still in the first inning. The economy won’t be able to overcome 8 more innings.

Yes it will. I’m so over folks worrying about the economy. The economy will fix itself. It always has. It did after slavery was ended. It did after The Great Depression. It did after WWII. It did after every recession we have had. The economy will be fine and if not so the hell what. It’s just money.

Yes it will. I’m so over folks worrying about the economy. The economy will fix itself. It always has. It did after slavery was ended. It did after The Great Depression. It did after WWII. It did after every recession we have had. The economy will be fine and if not so the hell what. It’s just money.

Businesses will come back; they just might have different owners.

It’s a little bit more than money. It’s housing, food and stability. Comparing this recession to others is apples to oranges. Nobody has even received their free money yet.

It’s a little bit more than money. It’s housing, food and stability. Comparing this recession to others is apples to oranges.

Let me be more clear. I do not care one iota about the economy when it comes to this. All that misplaced focus is going to do is make things worse. The economy continually remains the most overrated concern in American society.

And yes, comparing those recessions to this one is apples to oranges. The others were worse and affected the population in much different ways than this one.

I find it hard to believe we are in the first inning of this. I feel like we are closer to halftime. We are losing the first half, but will reorganize during halftime and come out with a different playbook. How is that for a sports analogy?

I believe we will start to relax things in June, but I think we will be doing more social distancing and wearing masks for quite awhile. I for one, have enjoyed some of the social distancing. I have been lucky to be off work. I got caught up on some household projects. I have been reading, taking walks, and watching movies. Not saying I would want to do this forever, but will probably be more of a homebody when it is time to go back to the real world.

Let me be more clear. I do not care one iota about the economy when it comes to this. All that misplaced focus is going to do is make things worse. The economy continually remains the most overrated concern in American society.

And yes, comparing those recessions to this one is apples to oranges. The others were worse and affected the population in much different ways than this one.

Tell that to the millions of people who have to pay bills and lost their jobs in the last 30 days.

Tell that to the millions of people who have to pay bills and lost their jobs in the last 30 days.

Who? The ones sitting at home making more money on unemployment than they do at work? The ones with 13 extra weeks of unemployment thrown in there as well? When the dust settles there will be tons of places hiring. My advice to them is stay healthy and stay ready. The jobs will come back. Somebody is going to have to rebuild America. Might as well be us.

And before we bring up the small business owners there are already articles out about the savvy small business owners who had their financial advisors get on top of their help. Those quick moving owners are already preparing for their comebacks with solid financial backing. America’s economy will bounce back quickly.

Everybody is sitting at home saving loot they’ll be ready to blow as soon as they hear the word, “go”.

Who? The ones sitting at home making more money on unemployment than they do at work? The ones with 13 extra weeks of unemployment thrown in there as well? When the dust settles there will be tons of places hiring. My advice to them is stay healthy and stay ready. The jobs will come back. Somebody is going to have to rebuild America. Might as well be us.

There are companies hiring right now. Kroger and Fifth Third Bank are two I know of.

Just maybe they will learn to manage their money somewhat better. As the old saying goes, save a little for a rainy day or live within your means. Enough said.

The people I know who are now unemployed aren’t making close to what they did before. Heck, most of the people I know are still waiting to get their card issued due to the portal crashing, due to unprecedented amounts of claims. I get it, some people will buy into the fear mongering to take the summer off and collect a check but that’s not the demographic that drives America.

Just maybe they will learn to manage their money somewhat better. As the old saying goes, save a little for a rainy day or live within your means. Enough said.

Statistically, half of America lives paycheck to paycheck. I get it, it’s not your problem though.