Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus Independence Day

If the USA is opened back up in 2020 will you go back out in public? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. If the USA is opened back up in 2020 will you go back out in public?

    • Yes
      56%
    • No
      2%
    • Yes, but always with a mask on
      0%
      0
    • Depends on the situation with COVID-19
      41%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

August 1, 2020.

 

The country is officially open for business. Sports are back. Schools will open for the next school year. Non-essential businesses are free to open back up.

 

Nothing has changed. Obviously there still isn’t a vaccine. No drugs have had clinical trials proving their effectiveness. People are still urged to wear their masks out in public.

 

Are you going outside to play or will you continue to self isolate?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I voted no. I do not plan to participate in many, if any, activities in public until I have been properly vaccinated.

 

Whenever that will be.

For me, it really does depend. I may have to choose my mental health over my physical health with precautions.

I'll probably self-isolate given the conditions you set forth, however, I think significant advances in treatment and in the understanding of the virus will have been made by then.

If they allow sports to be back, with spectators in the seats, then I'm going back to vending, so I had to answer Yes.

 

I just don't see that happening but given the context you gave, it is back to normal for me.

August 1, 2020.

 

The country is officially open for business. Sports are back. Schools will open for the next school year. Non-essential businesses are free to open back up.

 

Nothing has changed. Obviously there still isn’t a vaccine. No drugs have had clinical trials proving their effectiveness. People are still urged to wear their masks out in public.

 

Are you going outside to play or will you continue to self isolate?

 

Great question. I think I will put a toe in the shallow end before diving off the high board into the deep end.

Personally, I go out. I have confidence in my health to overcome an infection. I would be very careful about who I visit for fear of unknowingly infecting them. For example, I would not visit parents nor elderly.

 

If I had any health conditions at all, I would operate as we are now but wear a mask at all times in public.

 

One factor that is coming which could change people's answers - immediate testing. Even with no vaccine and no treatment, if everyone had a test kit and could find out in 15 minutes if they had it; then I think we could operate closer to normal.

If it would be just me, I'd say, "Maybe, probably, could be....". However, I have a wife with an immune deficiency. That changes everything.

Going out. Telling doctor that will be going to somewhere with malaria and buying some z-pak.

 

Seriously, did say yes. But, will keep aware of what is happening with this. Have seen two more direct situations from people who are trusted in last 24 hours. This thing is something that is different and serious. But sheltering-in-place for long term or as a new way of life is just not something that sounds right - as of now.

I'll start going back out to an extent.

 

The really tough thing is going to be that the places I want to be the most -- public, live sports -- are exactly the places I'll least want to go. I'm curious if there will be something like a mandatory mask rule at soccer, baseball, and football games when this gets going. Having trouble imagining that rule's effectiveness.

I have one of the risk factors, so if schools opened back up (most of you know that I am a high school teacher) it might prove to be a difficult choice.

We don’t even have a number to define what success is. The number will always be subjective, but like the flu or HIV, it will never be at zero. There isn’t one person on the site who believes we will shelter in place until a 2021 vaccine comes out. When the reaction becomes worse than the problem, the reaction becomes the problem.

Who knows, way to early to even consider what I will do.

  • Author
We don’t even have a number to define what success is. The number will always be subjective, but like the flu or HIV, it will never be at zero. There isn’t one person on the site who believes we will shelter in place until a 2021 vaccine comes out. When the reaction becomes worse than the problem, the reaction becomes the problem.

 

I plan to stay at home as much as possible until a vaccine is readily accessible to everyone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.