Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the over/under for deaths in America due to COVID-19 in 2020?

Featured Replies

I just saw this out of Italy:

 

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

 

Source: ISS Italy National Health Institute, March 17 sample

 

What is a previous medical condition?

Just read a story about a 34 year old guy who died after possibly contracting the disease on a trip to Disney World. The article led with the line of previous medical conditions, but after reading into it his previous medical complications were childhood asthma and testicular operation 5-6 years earlier. Otherwise the dude was healthy.

 

Those seem pretty common. I mean I had appendicitis 4 years ago is that a previous underlying health condition?

 

Per the thread...I take over. Don’t want it to be, but we will have to shut down for this to stop.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is a previous medical condition?

Just read a story about a 34 year old guy who died after possibly contracting the disease on a trip to Disney World. The article led with the line of previous medical conditions, but after reading into it his previous medical complications were childhood asthma and testicular operation 5-6 years earlier. Otherwise the dude was healthy.

 

Those seem pretty common. I mean I had appendicitis 4 years ago is that a previous underlying health condition?

 

Per the thread...I take over. Don’t want it to be, but we will have to shut down for this to stop.

 

Average age of death in Italy - 79. Conditions present: High Blood Pressure (75%), diabetes (35%), heart condition (33%).

 

What we know from the 2 Kentucky fatalities is that per-existing conditions are factors.

Average age of death in Italy - 79. Conditions present: High Blood Pressure (75%), diabetes (35%), heart condition (33%).

 

What we know from the 2 Kentucky fatalities is that per-existing conditions are factors.

 

Yeah...just about everybody I know over 40 has one of those. Maybe it’s just me be, but adding that “preexisting conditions” qualifier suggests extremely poor health while in reality those are pretty common health conditions that a good percentage of the population deal with.

Just saying...Lots of people walking around thinking they’re in the clear and they are not.

The more I watch on television the more inclined I am to take the over.

I expect one more week of fast growing numbers. Then I will be watching the numbers in the states that were the first to move towards shutdown to see what their numbers are doing daily. Next week will be another rough one.

I expect one more week of fast growing numbers. Then I will be watching the numbers in the states that were the first to move towards shutdown to see what their numbers are doing daily. Next week will be another rough one.

 

Same. And agree.

I expect one more week of fast growing numbers. Then I will be watching the numbers in the states that were the first to move towards shutdown to see what their numbers are doing daily. Next week will be another rough one.

 

Same. And agree.

 

Ditto.

We are not Italy - in any manner. Northern Italy ERs collapsed after the first 10 days. We are well beyond the that. The hyperbole does not match the situation.

We are not Italy - in any manner. Northern Italy ERs collapsed after the first 10 days. We are well beyond the that. The hyperbole does not match the situation.

 

Let’s not get too excited.

 

Do you think ERs in Eastern Kentucky can hold out 10 days? If you believe that I have some oceanfront property here in KY I’ll sell you.

Let’s not get too excited.

 

Do you think ERs in Eastern Kentucky can hold out 10 days? If you believe that I have some oceanfront property here in KY I’ll sell you.

 

A lot of them have already made adjustments, in my area at least. There was a Sports Illustrated article on Ashland's basketball team yesterday where they even mentioned the efforts to combat the overload at local hospitals. Pat Forde said the gym lobby was being used to screen patients to help alleviate the hospitals. The local national guard has things in place to help as well, they have been getting truckloads of supplies to set up whatever they need to help. I'm not sure Italy has that ability.

A lot of them have already made adjustments, in my area at least. There was a Sports Illustrated article on Ashland's basketball team yesterday where they even mentioned the efforts to combat the overload at local hospitals. Pat Forde said the gym lobby was being used to screen patients to help alleviate the hospitals. The local national guard has things in place to help as well, they have been getting truckloads of supplies to set up whatever they need to help. I'm not sure Italy has that ability.

 

I can't testify to Italy's capabilities. But I do know that rural hospitals would be extremely short on beds if the hospital were empty. They pretty much run at capacity even after sending a majority of patients to UK and the Regional hospital.

 

We can't get to where those hospitals are strained, because they will collapse fast. 50-100 cases would cave most county hospitals.

  • Author

Dr. Anthony Fauci is taking the over, from a recent TV interview:

 

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths in America). But I don't want to be held to that."

Dr. Anthony Fauci is taking the over, from a recent TV interview:

 

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths in America). But I don't want to be held to that."

 

That would be very sad because many of those would have been preventable.

Dr. Anthony Fauci is taking the over, from a recent TV interview:

 

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths in America). But I don't want to be held to that."

 

He said that was possible, not that it’s what he believes will happen.

  • Author
He said that was possible, not that it’s what he believes will happen.

 

He said what you quoted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.