Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is the over/under for deaths in America due to COVID-19 in 2020?

Featured Replies

You can’t make COVID-19 safe. It’s a virus, it has to run its course. The only thing we can do is mitigate the losses. That’s the current plan.

 

It’s a real crappy plan.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s a real crappy plan.

 

It’s the only plan possible.

It’s the only plan possible.

 

I disagree.

 

Plus there are 50 different plans in action.

I disagree.

 

Plus there are 50 different plans in action.

 

What’s your plan to defeat the virus?

What’s your plan to defeat the virus?

 

 

 

The virus can’t be defeated. It’s here to stay. Hopefully the vaccine will protect us in the future. Until a vaccine comes if it can’t be proven that we can contain it then we need to lock down as much as possible. Period.

The virus can’t be defeated. It’s here to stay. Hopefully the vaccine will protect us in the future. Until a vaccine comes if it can’t be proven that we can contain it then we need to lock down as much as possible. Period.

 

So post #59 isn’t crappy after all?

So post #59 isn’t crappy after all?

 

Actually it is. That’s the only plan we can do now at this point.

 

That doesn’t make the original point of a lot of these deaths being preventable any less true.

Actually it is. That’s the only plan we can do now at this point.

 

That doesn’t make the original point of a lot of these deaths being preventable any less true.

 

It’s the same plan as yours, mitigation means reduce the severity. We can’t stop it, so we need to get out of its way.

Dr. Anthony Fauci is taking the over, from a recent TV interview:

 

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths in America). But I don't want to be held to that."

 

That would be very sad because many of those would have been preventable.

 

The 100-200,000 deaths was used again last night in the briefing. I have been screaming warnings from the start of this, but that number seems high. Ironically, I have been perhaps too optimistic about the overall impact and the restart. I am not as confident anymore about the next 2-3 months.

 

I do think Guru's 34,200 flu death line is in jeopardy, but I still would take the under. If we go over, the too slow hodge podge response across the nation will be the reason for many, many of those deaths. There are already deaths happening that could have been prevented with better testing in place and quicker aggressive action on restrictions.

It’s the same plan as yours, mitigation means reduce the severity. We can’t stop it, so we need to get out of its way.

 

Yes. That is our only option now. You can argue with Dr. Fauci about whether or not deaths were preventable. He says they were. Let me know how your debate with him turns out.

The 100-200,000 deaths was used again last night in the briefing. I have been screaming warnings from the start of this, but that number seems high. Ironically, I have been perhaps too optimistic about the overall impact and the restart. I am not as confident anymore about the next 2-3 months.

 

I do think Guru's 34,200 flu death line is in jeopardy, but I still would take the under. If we go over, the too slow hodge podge response across the nation will be the reason for many, many of those deaths. There are already deaths happening that could have been prevented with better testing in place and quicker aggressive action on restrictions.

 

I’m still taking the over. Once it really attacks the rural communities in another month or so I think that is when the numbers will rise. I think we hit the over by October.

I’m still taking the over. Once it really attacks the rural communities in another month or so I think that is when the numbers will rise. I think we hit the over by October.

 

I think we hit it before then.

My local hospital has 3 ventilators. Total. 3.

 

It services two counties around 20k people. Rural America is in trouble.

I think we hit it before then.

My local hospital has 3 ventilators. Total. 3.

 

It services two counties around 20k people. Rural America is in trouble.

 

I think so too. Wanted to be conservative with my estimate.

 

Yep.

I think so too. Wanted to be conservative with my estimate.

 

Yep.

 

I wish some info would come out on the rural areas in KY. Shoddy math looks like NYC and the rest of the state are running even.

Yes. That is our only option now. You can argue with Dr. Fauci about whether or not deaths were preventable. He says they were. Let me know how your debate with him turns out.

 

So again we agree. We have to mitigate and closely quarantine for all of April, if we want this to pass soon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.