Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP QOTD: When you shuffle off this mortal coil...

Featured Replies

How do you want things handled after you kick the bucket?

 

My wife and I have been working on getting all of our end of life directives (living will, DNR/DNI orders, power of attorney, will) and it's got that fun stuff on the mind.

 

What's your plan...give your body to science? Buried in a cemetery? Cremated and left in an urn? Cremated and ashes scattered? Cremated and have your ashes buried somewhere? Mausoleum? Natural/green burial?

My family is to cremate me and do whatever they want with my ashes. Spend as little as possible for my final arrangements. We do have a will, but I should probably do an update, as our current will is almost 20 years old, and was done with the idea if we were to die while my children were still young. They are all now adults (the oldest is 25, the youngest is 20), and we are in significantly better shape financially. Not to mention that I'll be 50 in a few weeks, and even though I'm currently healthly, may only have 20-30 years left at most.

Got our wills, DPAs, etc. taken care of before we went overseas last year. Cremation for me.

If you're going to be cremated please leave instructions as to how you want your ashes disposed of. I've seen more than once where surviving family members get into an unnecessary squabble over this, often between the decedent's new spouse and children from a previous marriage. And sometimes, without direction, it is a difficult decision to be made anyway.

 

This brings to mind a conversation I recently had with a lady who had just moved back to town after living in Los Angeles for 20+ years. She said she had a boyfriend back in LA who was part owner of a business, whose slogan was "If you want a smokin' hot body, come see us." Of course, the business was a crematorium.

I've always said that I wanted a Viking type ceremony. Basically my body on a raft, lit of fire and pushed down a river. I'd love it if there were some bag pipes playing.

 

In reality, whatever is the cheapest (or cost effective) for my family. I don't really have a care at all. However, reading @tcjkbt's post, maybe I'll have a little say to avoid any potential squabbles.

Cremated and my ashes left on Getslow's desk.

 

Snowsuit goes to The Smithsonian.

Cremated and my ashes left on Getslow's desk.

 

Snowsuit goes to The Smithsonian.

 

I'll keep the receptacle in a place of honor fitting for my victory in outliving you.

 

Then when I go, we're both getting launched out of a cannon like Hunter Thompson.

1. Dig a pit in the backyard, roast a pig in it, invite friends and family over for the wake.

 

2. After eating and cleaning up, throw my body in the pit, cover with dirt.

1. Dig a pit in the backyard, roast a pig in it, invite friends and family over for the wake.

 

2. After eating and cleaning up, throw my body in the pit, cover with dirt.

 

Holy cow.... I never knew what I wanted, but..... this is it!

Common burial, I guess for me. I bought enough plots for us all to be together if that's what the kids want. Plots also bought for eventual spouses of my son and daughter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.