Evansville 67 Kentucky 64

16thBBall Fan

So I guess people should look at every coach basically in UK history besides maybe Rupp as a failure. Since they all basically failed every year besides one year in most of their time as UKs coach?

Also, by these standards Dean Smith 30+ years at UNC was a colossal failure. Two titles in over 3 decades with marquis players, future NBA’ers, on about every team, and back in the day when you could stockpile elite talent because few went pro early.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Can’t wait to see how @futurecoach tries to spin this one. This is by far Cal’s worst team in the last 5 years. No post game whatsoever and guards that can’t shoot.

Can't spin this at all. They played horrible and deserved to lose.

Now it is an over reaction to say worst team in the last 5 years. This team will be fine, but definitely need to figure some things out.

Still think this is his worst team in the last five years?

Can’t wait to see how @futurecoach tries to spin this one. This is by far Cal’s worst team in the last 5 years. No post game whatsoever and guards that can’t shoot.

And Evansville is winless in their own conference.

Yep, it was a horrible lost. No one is arguing that. That’s one of the reasons why UK is not liked by the computers.

And Evansville is winless in their own conference.

It certainly doesn't excuse Kentucky's loss because they were atrocious in that game, but I am not sure Evansville goes winless if their coach doesn't get fired. Did they also lose one of the better players to injury too?

How much impact should one bad loss have?

I don't play golf but a guy was once trying to explain to me how you figure handicaps. If I recall, he said you consider the last 20 rounds and throw out the worst one. Maybe something like this should be done in basketball rankings, too.

This wasn't a bad loss, it was a horrendous loss.

Add two other bad losses (Utah, South Carolina), you can see how it would have a lasting effect.

If we use the the quadrant system, many top teams have losses as bad as those other two losses. Meanwhile UK is one of the leaders in quadrant 1 wins.

Edited by Voice of Reason

If we use the the quadrant system, many top teams have losses as bad as those other two losses. Meanwhile UK is one of the leaders in quadrant 1 wins.

But they don't have a loss to #267. To your point, one bad loss isn't what is holding UK down.

I love that we are less than 2 weeks away from the annual "UK got jobbed by the committee" topic on this site. Oh what fun.

Like the sun rising in the East.....

It's what Cal feeds them, they don't know any better.