Harmon ineligible?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No and amazingly enough, I still managed to find my way onto a college team.

Good for you. Everyone's path isn't the same. Not to mention, the landscape in college recruiting is vastly different today. Missing school to participate in these events isn't uncommon.

Agreed.

I love seeing a kid break records, and Harmon is no different. The reason this is an issue is because of three schools in as many years.

When it comes to transfers, it has more to do with the number of them that occur. That's true for individual players like Harmon, and it's true for programs like Scott County. The more transfers, the more outcry you have.

Harmon's father is way wrong here, and he's only hurting his super talented son's chances of becoming eligible.

This. ...for the win.

Good for you. Everyone's path isn't the same. Not to mention, the landscape in college recruiting is vastly different today. Missing school to participate in these events isn't uncommon.

Like I said, it's not like it used to be.

And in the state of Kentucky it is against the rules to do that this time of year. Whether we like that rule or not he did break it by playing in that after school started.

And in the state of Kentucky it is against the rules to do that this time of year. Whether we like that rule or not he did break it by playing in that after school started.

Then I'm sure that will be factored into his eligibility.

Happens all the time. My daughter missed a week of school in September, her junior year, to compete in a national championship (humble brag) that was not a KHSAA or school sponsored sport. The school gave her their blessing and she made up the work.

Mr. Harmon may be a wonderful guy, don't know him and can't say...but on this point he's delusional and should just be quiet and work on getting his son eligible (if possible). It's not the KHSAA'S fault he has moved at least 3 times since an 8th grader and played for 4 different high schools(counting Marshall Co.) since a 7th grader (including Tennessee). Come on man.

Also his sixth school overall in six years.

2018-19: Marshall County High

2017-18: Adair County High

2016-17: Bowling Green Middle

2015-16: Tennessee Middle

2014-15: Maryland Middle (first year of middle school)

2013-14: Maryland Elementary (last year of elementary school)

Happens all the time. My daughter missed a week of school in September, her junior year, to compete in a national championship (humble brag) that was not a KHSAA or school sponsored sport. The school gave her their blessing and she made up the work.

That happens but he broke a KHSAA rule by playing in the event after school started.

That happens but he broke a KHSAA rule by playing in the event after school started.

I agree, but the implied argument was he should always be in school, and he shouldn’t miss for an elite basketball tournament. Just pointing out that students miss school for a variety of reasons. Now, if playing in a basketball tourney makes him ineligible, so be it.

I agree, but the implied argument was he should always be in school, and he shouldn’t miss for an elite basketball tournament. Just pointing out that students miss school for a variety of reasons. Now, if playing in a basketball tourney makes him ineligible, so be it.

Agree. Kids fill out EHO forms all the time and not just for athletics where they are not counted absent