Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harmon ineligible?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 225
  • Views 60.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot off the presses. Zion Harmon’s Dad did a recent interview where he addressed the recent decision by the KHSAA to rule Zion ineligible.

 

He said, “they are penalizing Zion because he accomplished too much in two years and have never seen anyone like him in the state of Kentucky.”

 

He also stated, “People are uncomfortable and complain to the KHSAA. They have to find a way to slow him down. You are not supposed to be able to do what he has done. Especially as a 5’10” guard. The Glory goes to God. GGP.”

 

 

Strong quotes right there by Mr. Harmon. I kind of feel like if the appeal process fails them then Zion will never play basketball in KY again. I also feel like they will lose the appeal process now. I’ll be more surprised if they win the appeal at this point.

 

I also gotta say, in this new age of social media and sports coverage we sure are hearing from more and more parents these days. I’m loving the brutal honesty.

 

 

 

Mike Harmon speaks on son’s Initial Ruling by KHSAA – The Kentucky Prep Report

Actually the problem is that his dad talks...and talks...and talks.

Hot off the presses. Zion Harmon’s Dad did a recent interview where he addressed the recent decision by the KHSAA to rule Zion ineligible.

 

He said, “they are penalizing Zion because he accomplished too much in two years and have never seen anyone like him in the state of Kentucky.”

 

He also stated, “People are uncomfortable and complain to the KHSAA. They have to find a way to slow him down. You are not supposed to be able to do what he has done. Especially as a 5’10” guard. The Glory goes to God. GGP.”

 

 

Strong quotes right there by Mr. Harmon. I kind of feel like if the appeal process fails them then Zion will never play basketball in KY again. I also feel like they will lose the appeal process now. I’ll be more surprised if they win the appeal at this point.

 

I also gotta say, in this new age of social media and sports coverage we sure are hearing from more and more parents these days. I’m loving the brutal honesty.

 

 

 

Mike Harmon speaks on son’s Initial Ruling by KHSAA – The Kentucky Prep Report

 

Actually the problem is that his dad talks...and talks...and talks.

 

Question is, is Dad wrong with what he said?

I don’t think anyone is trying to stop Zion from breaking records that’s laughable. Maybe breaking rules but not records. None of this matters because we all know they will find a way to make him eligible. Congrats you got to say what you want and have more people talking. Is there a record for that? You can have that one too! Adults ruining stuff for kids shocking.

Question is, is Dad wrong with what he said?

 

I think he is wrong. I don’t think the majority could care less if he broke records.

I don't find a father's honesty refreshing when it costs his kid a chance to play basketball, or in the case of Kyky Tandy, a chance to play for the school he has always wanted to play for.

I've seen Zion play at the state tournament as an eighth grader, and no doubt, is a legit player. I almost feel like Mr. Harmon is more concerned about making his kid a Brand. He sells his own GGP gear, sponsors camps while using Zion as a marketing ploy. When he plays against competition like himself(D1 quality) he becomes an average player. If they used his age instead of "8th grader, Freshman" his accolades would be a little different.

I think he is wrong. I don’t think the majority could care less if he broke records.

 

Ehhhh, I’ll disagree here. As much as folks have selective outrage when it comes to transfers I think there would be vocal displeasure if Zion became the all time leading scorer in KY. I’ve never seen journalists vocally complain about a kid transferring like we have with Zion.

I've seen Zion play at the state tournament as an eighth grader, and no doubt, is a legit player. I almost feel like Mr. Harmon is more concerned about making his kid a Brand. He sells his own GGP gear, sponsors camps while using Zion as a marketing ploy. When he plays against competition like himself(D1 quality) he becomes an average player. If they used his age instead of "8th grader, Freshman" his accolades would be a little different.

 

I do agree with how the role of semantics has played into his hype.

I don’t think anyone is trying to stop Zion from breaking records that’s laughable. Maybe breaking rules but not records. None of this matters because we all know they will find a way to make him eligible. Congrats you got to say what you want and have more people talking. Is there a record for that? You can have that one too! Adults ruining stuff for kids shocking.

 

I don’t think anyone was trying to stop him either. I think the process was playing out as it always does and this interview may have hurt his chances during appeal. I also feel like they are headed to prep school now.

Ehhhh, I’ll disagree here. As much as folks have selective outrage when it comes to transfers I think there would be vocal displeasure if Zion became the all time leading scorer in KY. I’ve never seen journalists vocally complain about a kid transferring like we have with Zion.

 

I think people are mad over the transferring every year but not the possibility of breaking records.

I think people are mad over the transferring every year but not the possibility of breaking records.

 

I agree there. I just think there would be a lot of snark in discussions about him breaking records compared to other folks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.