BGP QOTD: What's the grossest, nastiest thing you've ever eaten?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have the real recipe, or a stripped down version that is legal in the US?? Either way, I'm not sure leaving out a few elements would make it any better.
Had it when I was younger on a trip to Scotland. I assumed I had the legit stuff. Haha

Every time I have eaten black pudding it was delicious.

Liver ... I love it. Every kind of liver there is. Delicious.

I have tried a lot of foods and like all for the most part EXCEPT ...

.... limburger cheese. That is the only food I can think of that I have eaten and would never eat again.

Black pudding to me sorta seemed like a super overcooked, almost burnt sausage patty, and while not completely horrible, psychologically I had trouble getting past what I was eating, and only ate about half of it.

I had never had crab legs, so since I was at the Easter Buffet at the exquisite Orchard Room at the Omni Netherland Plaza in downtown Cincy, I thought no time like the present.... I literally almost barfed. :puke:

Liver pate' to me is like cat food for rich snobs... and it tastes like it too. :puke:

Once as a small child some older neighbor kids tricked me into eating doggy treats passed off as snacks. When they began laughing at me I knew that something was up, and while they weren't terrible exactly, they were awful bland, dry, and chalky.

Years ago, I had the priveledge of traveling to South Africa. Mr. BWF and I traveled through Krueger National Park which was awesome. You basically drive from one village to another, seeing great wildlife and never get out of your car if you are smart. Each village is heavily gated to keep you safe from the wildlife.

One day we stopped at a village and ordered dinner that included monkey gland sauce. Mr BWF was all over it because he loves to eat weird stuff. I personally passed. He LOVED it! So much that he asked the waiter what was in it.

The waiter said, “tomatoes, onion, peppers...”. Basically salsa. He said they only call it monkey gland sauce for tourists. We still get a good laugh over that years later.

Black pudding to me sorta seemed like a super overcooked, almost burnt sausage patty, and while not completely horrible, psychologically I had trouble getting past what I was eating, and only ate about half of it.

I had never had crab legs, so since I was at the Easter Buffet at the exquisite Orchard Room at the Omni Netherland Plaza in downtown Cincy, I thought no time like the present.... I literally almost barfed. :puke:

Liver pate' to me is like cat food for rich snobs... and it tastes like it too. :puke:

Once as a small child some older neighbor kids tricked me into eating doggy treats passed off as snacks. When they began laughing at me I knew that something was up, and while they weren't terrible exactly, they were awful bland, dry, and chalky.

Crabmeat is one of my favorites. Chilled at Walt’s is the best.

Crabmeat is one of my favorites. Chilled at Walt’s is the best.

What I ate seemed spoiled somehow, so it's possible that I got a bad piece, and that I've yet to truly try good crab legs.

I've always been a bit squeamish about seafood anyhow, so either one day I'll come around to enjoying it, but how I typically avoid it I'm not sure that I ever will.

I hear people rave about lobster, and I literally have never had it. With it being expensive, I'm hesitant to order it, and then possibly find that I don't care for it.

Perhaps I'm really missing out. :idunno:

Black licorice, 99 percent of those nasty, cheap-wine/whiskey-drenched fruitcakes them old ladies make, possum and some damned squid stuff I was forced to eat while it was still moving.

I detest most organ means (I love me some chitlins), but brains, hearts, gizzards, kidneys and the dreaded liver-and-onions — which was a Wednesday weekly staple growing up — are all infinitely preferable to my above list. Even fries weren't that bad tasting, but knowing what they are ensures I'll never have testicles again, so that doesn't totally count.

What I ate seemed spoiled somehow, so it's possible that I got a bad piece, and that I've yet to truly try good crab legs.

I've always been a bit squeamish about seafood anyhow, so either one day I'll come around to enjoying it, but how I typically avoid it I'm not sure that I ever will.

I hear people rave about lobster, and I literally have never had it. With it being expensive, I'm hesitant to order it, and then possibly find that I don't care for it.

You either like it or you don't. Some folks are strictly the meat-potatoes-two sides type. Some just don't like seafood in general.

However, I find that a lot of people who say they don't like seafood got ahold of some bad stuff when they were young and just decided never again. A lot of people are turned off by that fishy smell, which is understandable. Point is, that fishy smell comes from not-so-fresh fish.

Fresh fish, and places that sell truly fresh fish, don't smell fishy. And the fish you get from those places is amazing and can change minds.

You are no spring chicken. Time to live life and give a few things a try.

@Jim Schue was spot on about Seafood

There was that time I was feeding my granddaughter a bottle of formula. She started squirming, I removed the bottle and was saying, "Now what is wrong little one." when she projectile erpted into my mouth.

I didn't get sick, but several others in the room turned green when I chewed and said, " Not bad."