2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching the biathletes get their medals, but no, they get a stuffed tiger. I think this would not make me happy. What they do in the Winter Olympics is give them their medals at a nightly ceremony for all winners that day.

I would like my medal at the venues as they do in the Summer Olympics.

Watching them hold stuffed tigers is quite amusing.

Of course, I am NEVER getting one, but if I did....

I love watching Snowboard events. Red did great! He's 17 what a career ahead of him, he started snowboarding when he was 2 years old born in Westlake, Ohio in 2000. It was a family move to Colorado, near Breckenridge, that catalyzed his development in the sport. By age 11, he had a sponsorship deal with Burton. The rest is now, officially, history.

Gerard has a BIG family — that is having a lot of fun in Pyeongchang

Red is the sixth of seven children. He has four brothers — Brendan, Creighton, Malachi, and Trevor — and two sisters — Asher and Tieghan. The Gerard squad came to Pyeongchang in full force.

Red Gerard wins first U.S. Gold at 2

Chris Mazdzer just brought home the first ever USA men's single luge ever. He won the silver.

I felt terrible for the German who had been dominant up to that point but made one tiny mistake to cost himself a medal. And after that, how close Mazdzer actually came to gold!

Yep...:lol2: He also tossed in there something about needing to throw up. :puke:

Throwing up is totally acceptable. Donovan McNabb did it in the Super Bowl.

But even Johnny Manziel wouldn't even bring the other stuff up, or at least the popping Xanax part, even after beating 'Bama. It's not a good look.

Throwing up is totally acceptable. Donovan McNabb did it in the Super Bowl.

But even Johnny Manziel wouldn't even bring the other stuff up, or at least the popping Xanax part, even after beating 'Bama. It's not a good look.

Somewhat embarrassingly, I think that the kid thinks that he's clever. While an effeminate gay guy, or an effeminate men's figure skater is nothing new, I think that he's getting off on thinking that he's one of the first to unashamedly wear it on his sleeve. It's more of a credit to the times than it is him be daring. In today's world it's hardly that daring anymore. Also, he's way too young to be pretending that he's so seasoned, as in when he said something about being around the block a few times, or that it's not his first rodeo. The more he talks the more he just sounds like a kid with a air of arrogance about him. Learning a bit of humility couldn't hurt. Following in the footsteps of Johnny Weir, it's not too hard to imagine that 10-15 years down the road the two of them teaming up on broadcasts. He's definitely a good skater, and while he claims that he doesn't want the gay thing to be a distraction, who'd believe it if he'd try to deny standing in front of the mirror and kissing it while flaunting to himself his position in ice skating history? The kid is as vain as the day is long. Sure he has striking looks, but dial it down a bit bro... you're embarrassing yourself.

USA is currently 5th in the overall medal count, and tied for second for most gold medals. We've gotten golds in men's and women's slopestyle snowboarding, a silver in men's singles luge, and a bronze in figure skating team event.

MEDAL STANDINGS | olympic.org

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Gold[/TD]

[TD]Silver[/TD]

[TD]Bronze[/TD]

[TD]Total[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Norway[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]