Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Featured Replies

winter-olympics-schedule.png

 

I enjoy all of the "Speed" sports from Ski Jumping to Alpine to Bobsled/Luge/Skeleton to Short Track Speed Skating. Additionally, I get mesmerized watching Curling for some reason. I'm not as big a fan of the "X-Games" type events.

 

What are you looking forward to?

  • Replies 164
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love all things Olympics. Time difference is a bummer as I have to resist finding results before watching in primetime.

Ice Hockey is normally my favorite but I’m going to find it really hard to be interested with no NHL participation.

 

Like JD, I like the track sports and will watch all the bobsled and luge I can find. I’ve been watching some of the lead-up events on the NBC Sports App.

 

Also like short track speed skating and cross country skiing, especially biathlon.

 

I’ll watch plenty more than that though.

I'm just here for the curling.

Love all of the above. Also enjoy figure skating.

Like my name says, I love them all. And I sincerely do like to watch curling. Could be my age. Have to steal the remote from Papaw to watch it.

Figure skating is about the only one I won't watch. Just doesn't interest me at all.

I'm a fan of all the winter sports in the Olympics. Anything that has people going fast (skiing, speed skating, bobsled), anything that's different (curling)....I watch as much of the Winter Olympics as I can.

Do people really like watching curling? The matches take forever and it’s so slow.

 

I’ve been curling many times and it’s a fun thing to do with a beer in your hand, but on TV it’s like watching other people throw cornhole bags. I can’t do it.

Do people really like watching curling? The matches take forever and it’s so slow.

 

I’ve been curling many times and it’s a fun thing to do with a beer in your hand, but on TV it’s like watching other people throw cornhole bags. I can’t do it.

 

I'm about 10,000 times more likely to watch curling than I am a soccer match. Fact. :D

Speaking of figure skating... I want to see I, Tonya.

I'm a big "yes" on alpine skiing, bobsleigh/luge/skeleton, and hockey. I find myself getting into speed skating every four years, as well.

 

I don't like any Olympic sport that has judges so I'm a "no" on figure skating and all of the X-games sports.

In no particular order - ski jumping, bobsleigh, luge, speed skating, alpine skiing, skel. I've tried to like the X-games type stuff, but have a hard time. Old dog new tricks, I guess.

The olympics are an accumulation of sports. Sports to me are games where points/runs, etc. are earned, or a timing is used to determine the winner. A sport does not use judges to watch a performance and rate a performance. Those are competitions, not sports and do not belong in the olympics. Figure skating, gymnastics, diving, etc are not considered sports to me. Even ski jumping would fall into this because judges score the style of the jump. Some of the x games fall into this also. They are competitions. Just my opinion fwiw.

I like all of them. I will watch as much as I can. Hockey is my favorite, figure skating my least. I don't understand the scoring. It seems too subjective to me. I do like to watch the athleticism, though.

 

I watch curling, but am not obsessed with it. I like the Alpine Skiing events a lot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.