2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our mixed doubles team had the Swiss team beat, but really fell apart in the 7th and 8th ends. They had a 4-2 lead heading into the 7th with the hammer. Lost that end making it 4-3. Then the Swiss scored 6 in the final end to win 9-4.

They beat the Russian team 9-3 and lost to the Canada team 6-4 earlier.

In Ladies' Moguls Qualification 1. The USA had 3 finish in the top ten to advance to the Finals

Morgan Schild (3rd)

Jaelin Kauf (5th)

Keaton McCargo (8th)

The top 10 move to the Final 1 round. The remaining skiers compete again in Qualifying Round 2 (Q2). With the top 10 of those advancing from there.

Competing in Q2

Tess Johnson (22)

Men's Moguls Qualification 1. Only one US skier finished in the top 10 to advance.

Troy Murphy (4th)

Three others will compete in Q2.

Casey Andringa (14th)

Bradley Wilson (15th)

Emerson Smith (22nd)

Team USA still has pretty good potential of advancing all 8 skiers.

Edited by coldweatherfan

On schedule for this evening:

19:05 Curling - Mixed Doubles USA vs China

20:00 Snowboard - Men's Slope Style Qualifying

02:30 Ski Jumping - Ladie's Normal Hill - We have two ladies with a good shot at a medal.

05:00 Short Track Speed Skating - Men's 1500m

05:10 Luge - Men's Singles

05:44 Short Track Speed Skating - Women's 500m

06:00 Speed Skating - Women's 3000m

06:05 Curling - Mixed Doubles USA vs Norway

On schedule for this evening:

19:05 Curling - Mixed Doubles USA vs China

20:00 Snowboard - Men's Slope Style Qualifying

02:30 Ski Jumping - Ladie's Normal Hill - We have two ladies with a good shot at a medal.

05:00 Short Track Speed Skating - Men's 1500m

05:10 Luge - Men's Singles

05:44 Short Track Speed Skating - Women's 500m

06:00 Speed Skating - Women's 3000m

06:05 Curling - Mixed Doubles USA vs Norway

So, for those of us that are not particularly bright today...what time can I watch curling? Is that 7:05 tonight and 6:00 am?

So, for those of us that are not particularly bright today...what time can I watch curling? Is that 7:05 tonight and 6:00 am?

All of those times are EST. The 19:05 will be on tonight at that time. The 0600(that is 6AM tomorrow) I think airs live and then again tomorrow afternoon on tape.

I believe you should be able to stream them on the NBC app also.

I didn’t know it had started. I usually watch the opening ceremonies. Missed them this time.

Mixed doubles curling and men's individual ski jumping qualifiers started yesterday. Men's singles figure skating and women's freestyle skiing are taking place today prior to the opening ceremony. Depending on how many competitors there are in certain events and the duration of the matches, they have to start and sometimes end outside of the official Olympic time period just due to the fact that there are only so many venues (ice rinks, etc) available for use.

Also, the opening ceremonies have already taken place, but the US television broadcast is taking place tonight. It's currently almost 3am on Saturday in Korea...they are 14 hours ahead of those of us in the eastern time zone.