2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Jumper_Dad

Just got done watching the finals of the women's luge. Emily Sweeney of the US with one of the worst crashes that I've ever seen in luge. She eventually got up and walked off, and at the end of the coverage even did an interview. What's weird is that there was absolutely zero replay of the event. I could understand holding off while she was still laying on the track. But, nothing at the very end either? Very weird.

I saw that too. I thought that once they knew she was ok they'd show the replay, but as you said they never did.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done watching the finals of the women's luge. Emily Sweeney of the US with one of the worst crashes that I've ever seen in luge. She eventually got up and walked off, and at the end of the coverage even did an interview. What's weird is that there was absolutely zero replay of the event. I could understand holding off while she was still laying on the track. But, nothing at the very end either? Very weird.

I saw that too. I thought that once they knew she was ok they'd show the replay, but as you said they never did.

USA remaining in 5th place for overall medal count after the Tuesday action wrapped up.

MEDAL STANDINGS | olympic.org

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Gold[/TD]

[TD]Silver[/TD]

[TD]Bronze[/TD]

[TD]Total[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Norway[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Canada[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Netherlands[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]United States[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]France[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Olympic Athletes of Russia[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Okay, it's now 5 hours after the luge was shown, and NOW they just finally show a replay of Emily's crash. And what's really bizarre is that during it, you can actually hear commentary from the announcers at the track. It's almost like they edited out the replay the first go round. This is very weird.

Some good some bad yesterday for the USA.

The Good:

- Chloe Kim picked up a Gold and Arielle Gold picked up a Bronze in the Women's Half Pipe.

- Shawn White came out killing it in the Men's Half Pipe qualifying.

- The US Women's Hockey Team improved to 2-0 with a 5-0 win over OAR.

The not so bad:

-Erin Hamlin finished 6th in the Women's Single Luge.

-Jessica Diggins finished 6th in the cross country Lady's Sprint Classic. No US women has ever medal in an Olympic cross country ski event. Would have been huge if she could have pulled it out.

The Bad:

-Emily Sweeney had a horrible wreck in the Women's Single Luge. She appears to have come out of it with no major injuries though.

Today's action:

19:05 Curling Men's session 1 - USA vs KOR

20:15 Alpine Skiing - Ladies Slalom Run 1 - Mikaela Shiffrin has a great shot at gold in this one.

20:30 Snowboard - Half Pipe Men's Finals

23:45 Alpine Skiing - Ladies slalom Run 2

00:05 Curling Women's session 1 - USA vs JPN

05:00 Speed Skating - Ladies 1000m

06:20 Luge - Men's doubles Runs 1 & 2

07:10 Hockey - Men's USA vs SLO

Russians defeat Norway for bronze in mixed doubles curling. After watching it, the one rule change that I wish they'd make in this instance is that you are either a.) the thrower, or b.) the sweeper, but you can't be both on the same stone. Seemed like there were several throws from both teams where the man threw it, then jumped up and swept it all the way down. The only thing the woman did was shout instructions. Seemed very one-sided in those instances.

21 year old Norwegian Cross-Country Sprint Skier Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo is crazy good. I had cardiac arrest just watching him.

He earned the Gold being the youngest in the sport ever to do so.

Just previous to the race in flipping freezing windy conditions, dude removes his ski cap and opts to run the race without it.

Hopefully I'll eventually find the video, which is only roughly a 3 minute race.

Norway’s Klaebo powers to sprint classic gold - Olympic News