2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobsled, Skeleton and Luge

I've wondered before if there is a way for inexperienced amateurs to bobsleigh? Like how you can pay money and take a NASCAR around the track. I'd love to go down a hill with a professional or three, so I'm not responsible for anything!

I've wondered before if there is a way for inexperienced amateurs to bobsleigh? Like how you can pay money and take a NASCAR around the track. I'd love to go down a hill with a professional or three, so I'm not responsible for anything!

Yup. Both in Lake Placid and Park City.

In Lake Placid you can go from about the midpoint of the track in a modified bobsled. They do not let people go from the top of the track there because it is extremely rough and dangerous.

In Park City you can take a trip from the top of the track. It is a much smoother course.

Bobsled Experience | Whiteface Mountain

Winter Bobsled Experience | Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation

Yup. Both in Lake Placid and Park City.

In Lake Placid you can go from about the midpoint of the track in a modified bobsled. They do not let people go from the top of the track there because it is extremely rough and dangerous.

In Park City you can take a trip from the top of the track. It is a much smoother course.

Bobsled Experience | Whiteface Mountain

Winter Bobsled Experience | Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation

I think that would be really cool. It's a little pricey in Park City for what amounts to a couple of minutes, but Lake Placid is under $100, although it's probably not quite as good of an experience because of the shorter, rougher track. If I can ever find the time, Lake Placid is a place I'd like to visit.

Based on the youtube videos, this does look cool.

I think that would be really cool. It's a little pricey in Park City for what amounts to a couple of minutes, but Lake Placid is under $100, although it's probably not quite as good of an experience because of the shorter, rougher track. If I can ever find the time, Lake Placid is a place I'd like to visit.

Based on the youtube videos, this does look cool.

Lake Placid is a very cool little village.

Going from the top in Park City would be worth it. You'll get a little closer idea of what it is really like to go down the track. If you did it in Placid from the top you'd likely be very uncomfortable and have to check your pants afterwards.

Lake Placid is a very cool little village.

Going from the top in Park City would be worth it. You'll get a little closer idea of what it is really like to go down the track. If you did it in Placid from the top you'd likely be very uncomfortable and have to check your pants afterwards.

At the Lake Placid track, you can also do Skeleton. I can't imagine letting someone who's never done it before lie on their chest with their chin a few inches above the ice go down an icy track on a sled at 30+mph.

At the Lake Placid track, you can also do Skeleton. I can't imagine letting someone who's never done it before lie on their chest with their chin a few inches above the ice go down an icy track on a sled at 30+mph.

Skeleton is the safest of all the sliding sports. It is the hardest one to crash. With a little coaching it would not take you long to make it down the track safely. That won't happen in bobsled or luge. To drive down in those two it takes a lot of time to learn.

Like my name says, I love them all. And I sincerely do like to watch curling. Could be my age. Have to steal the remote from Papaw to watch it.

Mamaw, if you've ever swept the floor and played shuffleboard, you've essentially curled. Curling really does seem like it should be a senior citizen's game.

I read that Dale Jr. is going to be working for NBC and the Bobsled team is going to take him for a ride.

Mamaw, if you've ever swept the floor and played shuffleboard, you've essentially curled. Curling really does seem like it should be a senior citizen's game.

While someone yelled at you. It's basically Saturday morning at my house! :lol2:

I'm about 10,000 times more likely to watch curling than I am a soccer match. Fact. :D

I’m with ya on this one. If I want to go to sleep in a hurry put a soccer game on tv and that’ll do it.

But I never grew up with soccer and know nothing of the rules, so that’s the reason.