Dontaie Allen

Boys if he gets an offer from UK it will be the "in state offer". Ive tried to explain this to you all before. "Dontaie, we like you think youre good enough to be on our roster. You can come in here and practice and be in our top 10-11 on the depth chart. We are always gonna recruit the best 10 players in the country and most likely you wont ever be above 3-4 on the depth chart at the guard spot. But if that's something you want to do and maybe by the time you're a junior or senior you will be getting bench minutes. Also, we aren't gonna offer you until the spring, we need to see which of the 7 guys we have offered signs with us, but we will have a spot for you. By the way feel free to come to our open gym with the guys and get up and down with them whenever you would like."

Having said that it is in no way a knock on Allen or his ability. He obviously is a Division 1 player. Everyone knows that. I have witnessed first hand how Kentucky handles these situations. So if that's something he wants to do and try and overcome then by all means go to UK. I have a feeling though he wants more then that.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys if he gets an offer from UK it will be the "in state offer". Ive tried to explain this to you all before. "Dontaie, we like you think youre good enough to be on our roster. You can come in here and practice and be in our top 10-11 on the depth chart. We are always gonna recruit the best 10 players in the country and most likely you wont ever be above 3-4 on the depth chart at the guard spot. But if that's something you want to do and maybe by the time you're a junior or senior you will be getting bench minutes. Also, we aren't gonna offer you until the spring, we need to see which of the 7 guys we have offered signs with us, but we will have a spot for you. By the way feel free to come to our open gym with the guys and get up and down with them whenever you would like."

Having said that it is in no way a knock on Allen or his ability. He obviously is a Division 1 player. Everyone knows that. I have witnessed first hand how Kentucky handles these situations. So if that's something he wants to do and try and overcome then by all means go to UK. I have a feeling though he wants more then that.

Great post.

Add Nevada to the offers list.

Xavier

Western Kentucky

Eastern Kentucky

Northern Kentucky

Morehead State

Illinois State

Nevada

IUPUI

Winthrop

Somebody tell Can'tcoach that 8 + 1 equals 9.

As a Boise State fan, Nevada is becoming a very solid program (as much as it hurts to admit). If Allen decides to go there, he'll have a fantastic coach and be apart of a growing program.

Oh yes but i think we about to be in the middle of a change of how college basketballl will be in the near further

I do agree with you here but UK fans don’t. UK fans want the best players and they don’t care where they come from.

Why would anyone not want their team to get the very best players they possibly can? I've just never understood why anyone would think that's a bad thing.

Why would anyone not want their team to get the very best players they possibly can? I've just never understood why anyone would think that's a bad thing.

"You know, if we just had some guys that weren't as talented as the ones we landed it would have been a much more successful season..."

It’s not that it is a bad thing. UK fans acting like kids from KY are beneath them has always rubbed me the wrong way. That’s all.

I agree with PP92, some UK fans seem to hear about an instate player and automatically think they're not going to be good enough to play at UK

Maybe there are some fans who think that way, but I think for the majority of UK fans we would love to have talented kids from Kentucky on the roster, especially when you have 2 as talented as Kyky and Dontaie who are picking up major offers, but if it comes down to Kentucky taking Kyky or Tyrese Maxey, I want the best player. If Dontaie or Kyky are willing to potentially wait a year or 2 behind potentially more talented players, I would LOVE to have them in the blue and white, but not at the expense of not getting a more talented player who wants to come to Kentucky.

Maybe there are some fans who think that way, but I think for the majority of UK fans we would love to have talented kids from Kentucky on the roster, especially when you have 2 as talented as Kyky and Dontaie who are picking up major offers, but if it comes down to Kentucky taking Kyky or Tyrese Maxey, I want the best player. If Dontaie or Kyky are willing to potentially wait a year or 2 behind potentially more talented players, I would LOVE to have them in the blue and white, but not at the expense of not getting a more talented player who wants to come to Kentucky.

I’m still not seeing the “major offers” come in for Allen. Can’t argue that X is a big hit, but still not seeing any from the traditional powerhouse schools. Maybe once one strikes that they will all come. I’d love to see him play in Lexington. Always have a special connection to a kid from the state playing for the Cats.

Wonder if Butler is on his list, like WKU, they seem to go after and sign a lot of those mid major players from Kentucky and Indiana that play in the All Star game every year. Those 2 schools,along with Purdue and Xavier he should jump on one if he is offered