Dontaie Allen

Kid is picking up some really nice offers.

Obviously different types of players with different positions, but interested in hearing your take on Allen compared to Tandy @gametime

Is one better suited for P5 competition over the other? Which ones game do you like more at this point? Better potential?

I think Allen is likely a rotation guy at the highest level. He isn't a plus athlete, and it is going to take him some time to adjust to the physicality required. That's why I said I felt somewhere like Dayton would be a great fit. The A10 isn't as much of a night in and night out grind that could limit his effectiveness early in his career.

Tandy is a high major bucket getter from day 1, but he has a lot to work on if he really wants to be a lead guard. He's not a natural distributor, but he does have the toughness and physicality to his game that translates early...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen Tandy twice but I question his motor. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the first game thinking perhaps he was injured or ill. The second time I saw him was not much different. JMO but others share it as well.

I have only seen Tandy twice but I question his motor. I gave him the benefit of the doubt after the first game thinking perhaps he was injured or ill. The second time I saw him was not much different. JMO but others share it as well.

Not to threadjack but Tandy finished in the Top 60 at Pangos over the weekend. Looks like his motor was revved up over the weekend.

Not to threadjack but Tandy finished in the Top 60 at Pangos over the weekend. Looks like his motor was revved up over the weekend.

Good for him! I'm a fan of all Ky. kids. Wish him the best. Do you know how Allen fared at Pangos?

Tandy is the perfect player for a camp setting. He lights it up in ISO ball. I’d still take Allen for David Johnson over him. But all 3 should end up at high major schools.

Tandy is the perfect player for a camp setting. He lights it up in ISO ball. I’d still take Allen for David Johnson over him. But all 3 should end up at high major schools.

It’s really awesome to have 3 players of their caliber in the state right now.

• 3 weeks later...