Dontaie Allen

Sumo...I think Darius was a better athlete and could finish on the block better than Allen. And Darius didn't take near as many shots as Allen does for his team.

Allen has a better scorer's mentality. IMO a better version of Jon Hood from Madisonville?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else notice that DJ Jefferies, a UK committ from Mississippi, is only one spot ahead of Allen? Also Kentucky is very close to having 3 players in the top 100. When was the last time that happened?

I saw that. Exciting times for Dontaie and his family!!!

Sumo...I think Darius was a better athlete and could finish on the block better than Allen. And Darius didn't take near as many shots as Allen does for his team.

Allen has a better scorer's mentality. IMO a better version of Jon Hood from Madisonville?

I'm fine with not calling him as good as Miller...

But Miller had 2 Setty's, Russ Middleton and a few other studs on his team. Dontaie has no one near the arsenal Darius did.

That's the reason for the shot discrepancy IMO

But Miller had 2 Setty's, Russ Middleton and a few other studs on his team. Dontaie has no one near the arsenal Darius did.

Didn’t p-county have a kid that dropped 10 or so treys in a game last year? Not saying the team is as talented as that Mason team, but that’s a lot of shots going into someone else’s hands.

Didn’t p-county have a kid that dropped 10 or so treys in a game last year? Not saying the team is as talented as that Mason team, but that’s a lot of shots going into someone else’s hands.

He did, but Allen still accounted for 33.8% of the team's total field goal attempts in 2017-18.

I agree with Pi that the shot discrepancy has a lot to do with Dontaie not having anywhere near the talent Darius had. Not knocking the PC kids, but Miller's supporting cast was college talent & the PC guys just aren't that.

Another part of it is that a lot of the top talent Pendleton does have consists of spot-up shooters, while Dontaie is much more versatile offensively. Those kids can definitely still fill it up, but a lot of their looks come from good ball movement, solid transition offense, or Dontaie creating for them.

He did, but Allen still accounted for 33.8% of the team's total field goal attempts in 2017-18.

I agree with Pi that the shot discrepancy has a lot to do with Dontaie not having anywhere near the talent Darius had. Not knocking the PC kids, but Miller's supporting cast was college talent & the PC guys just aren't that.

Another part of it is that a lot of the top talent Pendleton does have consists of spot-up shooters, while Dontaie is much more versatile offensively. Those kids can definitely still fill it up, but a lot of their looks come from good ball movement, solid transition offense, or Dontaie creating for them.

Great breakdown. Much appreciated.

Your avatar is trash.

That is all.

I was not trying to pick which is best between Allen and Miller. What I was alluding to is that Allen's game is more similar to what Hood did at Madisonville. They carried more of the load for their teams. Hood and Allen are similar height and Hood was Mr. Basketball and a top 100 player. Miller was a little more on the physical side playing inside a lot more in H.S.

Allen will be a fine player for whoever his college choice is.