Dontaie Allen

Allen led the state in scoring this past year while scoring over 1,000 points. It sounds to me that system fits him pretty well.

I think Harmon led the state in scoring, but your point is well taken. You hit the nail on the head with the second point though.....he is in a system that fits him perfectly.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you guys don't see it's about learning to win on big stage and he will never do that at Peneton co, that would put him a head of the learning curve for the next level.

He could go to a Prep school but I respect a kid that stays with his team that he has played with over the years.

What you guys don't see it's about learning to win on big stage and he will never do that at Peneton co, that would put him a head of the learning curve for the next level.

I understand that point as well; but Dontaie is 6'6 maybe 6'7, and in the state of Kentucky that typically means "go to the post and play big man". He is in the perfect system in the sense that it appears (from the outside looking in) that the coach has allowed him to grow into that perimeter player at his height that a lot of colleges look for. Winning is good, but playing in a system that fits your skill set and allows you to groom and hone that skill set is much better for next level and recruiting.....IMO

That's fine but by playing inside allows him to get stronger getting use to more contact and he does need to get stronger, if you watched the Paris game he got knock off the ball a lot, we know he can handle and shoot decent so work on his weakness.

You think he will be playing the post in college?

I understand he will need to finish through contact but he will be a wing in college.

His is 6"6,in regional tournament against Paris he was trying to drive when he should of been catching the ball at the elbow and backing his man down (which was 6'' or less)and shooting over them.

That's fine but by playing inside allows him to get stronger getting use to more contact and he does need to get stronger, if you watched the Paris game he got knock off the ball a lot, we know he can handle and shoot decent so work on his weakness.

I guess the coaches offering and showing interest must have missed the Paris game.

So you want the coach to focus on the player and not the team? Makes sense now.

He will play the 2 or the 3 in college. And at a high level. He has a really high game IQ, great length, a nice shot, smooth athleticism, and something nobody else seems to be mentioning.... he can guard multiple positions. I watched him at AAU state in Lexington. I was very impressed with his defense off the ball, and how he communicated with his teammates. This kid is the package.