Dontaie Allen

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true Ben and Jake had a lot ability and was surprised that more offers did not come. Dante can play. Offers should come!!!!

Ben is playing at a top D2 school. Lots of D2 would beat D1 schools and he’s getting great education. I feel NKU missed on Ben. Size held Ohmer back, people judged the book by its cover. Ohmer has a knack you can’t teach.

Ben is playing at a top D2 school. Lots of D2 would beat D1 schools and he’s getting great education. I feel NKU missed on Ben. Size held Ohmer back, people judged the book by its cover. Ohmer has a knack you can’t teach.

Weyer has started only 15 games at one of the best D2 schools in the country. He is at the level he should be. Ohmer was a quick fix for Stansbury who was going to be short players for the first part of the year. His minutes since the break have shown that. He was not even recruited D2 and though his grit and ability to score is outstanding he is not a true D1 player IMO.

I’ve yet to see Allen play. It appears he has unlimited potential. He will be seen on the AAU circuit and that is where college offers come from with rare exceptions.

Weyer has started only 15 games at one of the best D2 schools in the country. He is at the level he should be. Ohmer was a quick fix for Stansbury who was going to be short players for the first part of the year. His minutes since the break have shown that. He was not even recruited D2 and though his grit and ability to score is outstanding he is not a true D1 player IMO.

I’ve yet to see Allen play. It appears he has unlimited potential. He will be seen on the AAU circuit and that is where college offers come from with rare exceptions.

Agree with this for the most part; however UK could not shoot itself out of a paper bag. You have enough of the same. Sometimes you need that shooter and that is where you miss strictly looking at D1 attributes IMO

I'm in total agreement with your assessment, I also think Ohmer will lose more minutes as WKU recurits over him. I am an Ohmer fan as I drove 3 hours back in December to watch him play.

Weyer is getting great playing time for one of top D2 programs in the nation. Bellarmine would fair favorably with their level of play, potentially top 150 level D1. Just lack the trees in the middle. Flat shoot the ball as a team, plus 50% from field, plus 45% from 3, and plus 72% FT and brutally tough D. Ben is first sub in and top 5 in minutes. He's the real deal and an awesome fit at Bellarmine. Not every great player finds a better fit.

Weyer is getting great playing time for one of top D2 programs in the nation. Bellarmine would fair favorably with their level of play, potentially top 150 level D1. Just lack the trees in the middle. Flat shoot the ball as a team, plus 50% from field, plus 45% from 3, and plus 72% FT and brutally tough D. Ben is first sub in and top 5 in minutes. He's the real deal and an awesome fit at Bellarmine. Not every great player finds a better fit.

I’m thinking we are in complete agreement on his abilities and the level of play of Bellarmine. They would compete in the Horizon.

I’m thinking we are in complete agreement on his abilities and the level of play of Bellarmine. They would compete in the Horizon.

If Bellarmine had to play a full schedule in the Horizon conference with their current roster they would not be very successful. Bellarmine on a given night can compete with a D1 school but not when every game would be against D1 horizon level competition. NKU, Wright State, Oakland etc. just have more talent,depth and size than Bellamine which takes a toll when you have to play a 16 to 18 game conference schedule.

Edited by Northside

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Allen gets one final shot next season to get to the Sweet 16. He's a great player, but his game is just more suited to the AAU/college style game than it is the more controlled high school game. Pendleton County loses a lot from this season's team. Let's see if they have some others step up to fill the voids.

• 1 month later...
When was the last time 2 players from the same class in Kentucky had offers from UK? I know neither Allen or Tandy have been offered yet but both seem to be getting a lot of interest from the coaching staff

Really good question.

I would be surprised if Allen got an offer.

When was the last time 2 players from the same class in Kentucky had offers from UK? I know neither Allen or Tandy have been offered yet but both seem to be getting a lot of interest from the coaching staff

In 2013 Hawkins and Willis both signed.