Dontaie Allen

No, he obviously is D1 I’m not debating that. But I mean, you’re up by 25, Allen was the only starter for both teams on the floor. No need to stay in til 2 minutes left in the 4th and get garbage stats. That’s how players get hurt.

Your original comments were that Allen wouldn't start for 9th Region teams because of his defense, which is preposterous.

Then "he only had about 30 points and 5 rebounds going into the fourth quarter," as though that is underachieving.

Whether stats were padded or not doesn't matter to me. What matters is that Allen is one of Kentucky's best players and would start on every single team in the commonwealth.

A lot of what you chastise him for was also said by some about Austin Crawford. Those criticisms were also preposterous.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Of course. But there’s no sense of you star player, risking the chance of getting hurt, playing in a blowout just to raise his stats against JV players.

So as long as he plays against “starters” there is no chance of getting hurt? The risk just goes up when “JV” is on the court? :rolleyes:

I’m not real sure if some of these comments are serious or not.

Serious? Who knows. Certainly not unbiased though.

Saw Austin Crawford in many games longer that he should be, according to this criteria. Which is definitely not a criticism of him or his coaches. The list is never ending of players who are left in games perhaps longer than they should be, again, according to this criteria.

Serious? Who knows. Certainly not unbiased though.

Saw Austin Crawford in many games longer that he should be, according to this criteria. Which is definitely not a criticism of him or his coaches. The list is never ending of players who are left in games perhaps longer than they should be, again, according to this criteria.

I’m referring more to the his “lack of defense” and “stat padding his Numbers as to why he’s good”. I’m an Allen fan.

He only had about 30 and 5 rebounds going into the 4th quarter. Got left in til the 2:00 in the 4th while everyone else had their reserves in. This seems to be a common occurnace in his games. Had 10 and 5 in the 4th I think. Sure hope he doesn’t get hurt doing that as I had several people say they’ve seen stuff like that happen before. Tired players at the end of the game just to get their stats up getting injured. Good luck to Allen on the rest of the season

I have a nephew that plays for Pendleton, but I live in Flemingsburg. The following statements are 100% true:

1. 3:23 left in the game. Bracken County's Tanner Fisher and Trey Deaton were subbed out along with Pendleton County's Dontaie Allen, Jacob Yelton and Grant Walsh. All 5 players were starters in this game.

2. Dontaie Allen has legit D1 offers while Austin Crawford turned down a full ride at UPike to walk-on at Morehead State.

3. Dontaie Allen would start for anybody in the state of Kentucky. He's a 6'6" guard who has a 7 feet wingspan and averages 31 and 11.

4. Bracken County's Brady Jones played poorly last year in the district and regional tournament. If he had played well in the Mason County district finals and against Campbell County in the regional semi-finals Bracken County would have won their first district championship since 1999 and had a much better chance of getting to the regional finals.

Lol the not starting in 9th Region was to mess with @LCDAWGS19 so don’t take that one serious.

But do take this serious: Allen doesn’t need to be playing that late in 30 point game! I don’t care about getting blown out I’m used to it at this point. He was left in just to make sure he could get his double double and raise his average. And you can’t argue that.

I am a little disappointed about some of the hollow comments from one that is so normally well informed and on target. I guess when you get seriously bashed by one so talented as Allen you have to find something to criticize. Defense is far superior to 90% of HS players. Doesn't need to smash and bash because they can't out-quick or out jump him. So few challenge and most just choose to pass it rather than penetrate. Belcher's doing a great job coaching this talent and I tend to believe he took him out at the same time Hinson took out Deaton and Fisher at 3:23 to go. (See Post#55).