Dontaie Allen

After Saturday's visit by UK assistant Joel Justus, Dontaie Allen has been invited to participate in pick up games at the Craft Center this summer. Is such an invitation commonplace for potential recruits? What does this say about UK's interest in Allen?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Saturday's visit by UK assistant Joel Justus' date=' Dontaie Allen has been invited to participate in pick up games at the Craft Center this summer. Is such an invitation commonplace for potential recruits? What does this say about UK's interest in Allen?[/quote']

This same offer of coming to play pick up games with the team was given out to Taveion Hollingsworth prior to his senior year. I think just from experiencing it that UK is going to go the same route with Dontaie as they did with Taveion. That is by no means a knock on Dontaie just the way I see this going.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep. :thumb:

Head coaches of Louisville, Xavier, & West Virginia all watched him yesterday. Other schools who saw him were Purdue, WKU, NKU, Auburn, Illinois State, & Marshall.

I'm guessing this was at an AAU event. Where was the location ?

Yep. :thumb:

Head coaches of Louisville, Xavier, & West Virginia all watched him yesterday. Other schools who saw him were Purdue, WKU, NKU, Auburn, Illinois State, & Marshall.

I read that XU has a lot of interest in him. We'll see if that leads to an offer.

Dontaie received an invitation to the Pangos All-American Camp in California the first three days of June.

I haven't heard of that Camp, but it's evidently pretty good. Maybe @gametime could provide more info.

Pangos is a big time deal. Isn't always littered with the top 25 or so kids, but most everyone there is being recruited by power schools and it is a very good chance to make a name for yourself...