Dontaie Allen

Not in the 9th Region. Not enough defense.

Allen isn’t known for defense

Basketball is a "net" sport instead of a "gross" sport . So whatever the kid may give up individually on defense would more than be offset by his offense and the 2nd chances he would negate by his defensive rebounding.

So to answer the question that would seemingly be obvious to most, yes, he would start for every team in the 9th. Every team.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 and 11 every night out can overcome just about anything. As someone already said, Allen can start and star anywhere in the Commonwealth. As a junior.

I remember people saying Chris Lofton couldn't play defense.

He only had about 30 and 5 rebounds going into the 4th quarter. Got left in til the 2:00 in the 4th while everyone else had their reserves in. This seems to be a common occurnace in his games. Had 10 and 5 in the 4th I think. Sure hope he doesn’t get hurt doing that as I had several people say they’ve seen stuff like that happen before. Tired players at the end of the game just to get their stats up getting injured. Good luck to Allen on the rest of the season

He only had about 30 and 5 rebounds going into the 4th quarter. Got left in til the 2:00 in the 4th while everyone else had their reserves in. This seems to be a common occurnace in his games. Had 10 and 5 in the 4th I think. Sure hope he doesn’t get hurt doing that as I had several people say they’ve seen stuff like that happen before. Tired players at the end of the game just to get their stats up getting injured. Good luck to Allen on the rest of the season

Sounds like you're upset about one game, probably against Bracken County.

After the Redbirds game today, Illinois State offered Dontaie a scholarship.

That would be Allen’s 6th offer. The list:

Eastern Kentucky

Illinois State

IUPUI

Northern Kentucky

Morehead State

Winthrop

Just asking a question, what seems to be the knock against Allen that he is not getting attention from larger schools.

I stopped reading after the “only had 30 and 5 going into the fourth quarter.”

Told me all I needed to know.

What I’ve seen of him is he’s unselfish on a team he should be more selfish on. He can score anytime he wants to against anyone in the 9th region. He may not be known for defense neither was Michael Jordan cause they do so many other things so well. Allen would be the starting point guard at Cov Cath today if he was to enroll.

Would he start at Bracken County ?

Not in the 9th Region. Not enough defense.

Allen isn’t known for defense

He only had about 30 and 5 rebounds going into the 4th quarter. Got left in til the 2:00 in the 4th while everyone else had their reserves in. This seems to be a common occurnace in his games. Had 10 and 5 in the 4th I think. Sure hope he doesn’t get hurt doing that as I had several people say they’ve seen stuff like that happen before. Tired players at the end of the game just to get their stats up getting injured.

Your comments here are preposterous.

So Allen has built a Division 1 resume based on stat padding?

No, he obviously is D1 I’m not debating that. But I mean, you’re up by 25, Allen was the only starter for both teams on the floor. No need to stay in til 2 minutes left in the 4th and get garbage stats. That’s how players get hurt.

No, he obviously is D1 I’m not debating that. But I mean, you’re up by 25, Allen was the only starter for both teams on the floor. No need to stay in til 2 minutes left in the 4th and get garbage stats. That’s how players get hurt.

He’s not the coach. He’s a player and he does as his coach tells him. That’s another quality that makes him a great player.