Everything posted by DukeDog
-
St. Henry 43 Bishop Brossart 40
St. Henry lost to Brossart 55-3 a year ago. What a turnaround. Onward and upward! GO CRU!!!!
-
2026 Saint Henry Crusaders
I'm sure there will be plenty more growing pains, but like @Colonels_Wear_Blue wrote, there's certainly no lack of excitement. All about taking it one step at a time. Will miss Kunstek in the backfield. Maybe this year the Cru can avoid opening the season by giving up a kick return TD August 21 can't get here soon enough.
-
Open Job: Holmes
Per Evan Dennison of Link NKY. Article here. “I’m in a position right now where I have family and personal things I need to take care of and be present with,” Elsbernd said. What a tough blow for Holmes. Just when they seemed to be gaining some momentum. Hope all is well with Coach Elsbernd's family.
-
KHSAA to consider multipliers and success factors for football realignment - What might it look like?
Is it fair to assume private schools can appeal if they're moved up/down a class? I can't imagine KHSAA would look at St. Henry and think "Yep, that's a school that's ready to move up." Would kneecap the program when it's barely gotten off the ground. If enrollment trends continue upward, then it makes sense (as some people have already discussed), but that was supposed to be a discussion a few years from now.
-
Owen County at Gallatin County Predictions/Updates (31st District Semifinal)
Gallatin wins 56-50, per Riherds
-
Open Job: Gallatin County
Tough loss for GC. Record aside, there was clear progress in the mentality and commitment toward the program. Hopefully they can find someone who continues that trend.
-
CFP First Round: Oregon 51 James Madison 34
Yeah sure, let's eliminate the G5's spot and fully divide FBS. While we're at it, why does March Madness include teams from the MAAC or NEC? Get those guys out too. No point in watching those schools get blown out, right? I can understand adding a minimum-ranking requirement for G5 schools (as in, they need to be in the top-20 or top-16 to be eligible), but shielding them out of the CFP ruins college football. You have to give the "other half" of CFB at least a chance. It might be once in a blue moon, but you're going to get teams like 2005 Utah, 2007/2009 Boise State, 2010 TCU, 2016 Western Michigan, 2021 UC, 2022 Tulane etc. who go toe to toe with the P5 schools. If the concern is avoiding blowout games, then let's talk about bringing it back down to four teams. That format definitely never had any blowouts... This year was an anomaly because the ACC had dumb tiebreaker rules. I think we all know those will be fixed going into next year. I don't think the proper response should be to shatter CFB. I now have the lifelong memory of my alma mater reaching the pinnacle of college football. Never thought this was possible when I graduated while they were still FCS. Boo hoo if you had/have to watch a lopsided game. Guess what? You're going to see those if we end up with a Big 10/SEC invitational featuring one or two ACC/Big 12 schools and Notre Dame. At least we covered the spread. Go Dukes!
-
Beechwood 70 St. Henry 0
Ah, didn't know Kunstek was out. He was great against Gallatin and Owen. Really appreciate your insight—if St. Henry could copy every single move Beechwood has made, I'd be all for it. Something, something, imitation and flattery
-
Beechwood 70 St. Henry 0
The turnovers have been brutal. During the Bellevue game, they might’ve had 4 (?) in the first half… and they were fumbles on the snap (most under center). Fundamental mistakes. Was it a similar thing for the non-pick 6 turnovers? I’ve said it before - you can certainly tell football isn’t in St. Henry’s DNA yet. But judging by the JV team’s season and what I’ve seen on Facebook from the middle school program, seems like they’re on a good path for better days! Trust the process and maybe one day we’ll avoid the shutout against Beechwood lol
-
Beechwood 70 St. Henry 0
It was a great week… but not anymore. Beechwood is 3-0 in the district while St. Henry is 2-1
-
Beechwood 70 St. Henry 0
My friends and I wondered how high Beechwood’s score was going to get. I was just hoping to keep it under 80 count it as a win! Glad they got the two-game win streak in before this one. Couple tough games coming up but should be a whooooooole lot closer. GO CRU!!
-
Beechwood vs. St. Henry Prediction/Updates
Thank you!
-
Beechwood vs. St. Henry Prediction/Updates
There was a brief period when St. Henry was first in the district last week. I'll never forget those ~22 hours. GIMME THE CRUSADERS.... to hopefully avoid a shutout (still picking them though)
-
St. Henry 40 Owen County 12
Final, per St. Henry on X. Second-straight win for the Crusaders!
-
Trinity at St. Xavier (OH) Predictions/Updates
Yes. St. X will have it on ESPX
-
St. Henry 21 Gallatin County 12
-
Bishop Brossart 55 St. Henry 3
The growing pains continue. Hoping to see a closer game against Bellevue!
-
Covington Holy Cross 47 St. Henry 0
The horse led them onto the field during the “Crusader Walk” before the game. It was waiting by the lower concession stand and led everyone to the corner of the end zone (not running yet). Waited in the same spot while they did pregame festivities and the national anthem. Started running to lead the team through the banner and onto the field. Looked like the horse behaved well the whole time - wonder if it has any eligibility? Would every tackle be a horse-collar penalty?
-
Covington Holy Cross 47 St. Henry 0
I’ve joked on here about how St. Henry will have 5 stars in no time, and I was hoping last night would’ve been a little closer… but a blowout was always possible (or likely lol). Holy Cross’ QB is incredibly fun to watch. You can tell which school has had a football program for a while and which one just started just by looking at the players. Little things like how they make open-field tackles, size, etc… Football just isn’t in the St. Henry DNA yet. There are going to be a LOT of growing pains these next few years and beyond. I’m just so happy and proud that I can go to St. Henry for my fix of Friday Night Lights now - even if it’s not pretty. It was always my favorite thing growing up and it’s amazing to see that spectacle find a place at St. Henry. Onward and upward! GO CRU!!
-
Covington Holy Cross at St. Henry Predictions/Updates
I imagine (or hope) no alums are picking against St. Henry in the first-ever varsity game in school history GO CRU!!
-
St. Henry names Tim Sullivan head basketball coach
I was 100% joking, apologies as I forget sarcasm rarely translates well online. Please don't think I actually expect St. Henry to churn out SEC players haha
-
St. Henry names Tim Sullivan head basketball coach
Either way, I believe St. Henry is welcoming its largest freshman class ever in August. It’s exciting as an alum to watch the impact of football on the school’s growth but nobody is expecting NFL-caliber athletes to start pouring in. Maybe SEC talent but I won’t get greedy. Just happy the Crusaders have a team playing on Friday nights now
-
Open Job: Cooper
True. I was referring to Coach Sullivan’s son haha
-
Open Job: Cooper
Agreed on Combs since he's a football athlete. Think it's safe to assume one particular rising junior will transfer...
-
St. Henry names Tim Sullivan head basketball coach
This, plus St. Henry sports are naturally cyclical. Sometimes they get classes loaded with talent, sometimes they don't. The Vieth/Bessler team nearly beat Highlands in regionals (after beating them earlier in the season) and we know what the Bluebirds ended up accomplishing. For most of St. Henry's sports teams, success happens when the stars align, and that means lucking out with feeder schools or families who've long sent their kids to the school. But if you're an aspiring football player, you go to the school that produces Division-I talent and has an active NFL player, not the one that just started its program. Similar case with hoops.