Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross 47 St. Henry 0

Featured Replies

So a running clock introduction to high school football for St. Henry.

It is tough sledding out there.

I like this offensive production from Covington Holy Cross.

  • Author

The Big Boss was in attendance!

bigboss.jpg

24 minutes ago, theguru said:

So a running clock introduction to high school football for St. Henry.

It is tough sledding out there.

They know what they signed up for. Keep on trucking.

  • Author
Just now, Honey Badger said:

They know what they signed up for. Keep on trucking.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

29 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

They know what they signed up for. Keep on trucking.

Absolutely. The result wasn't good but it had to be exciting for the kids, the coaches, the school, and the community to get out there and play tonight. Better days are certainly ahead.

I talked to some folks pretty recently and we were all wondering out loud about why St. Henry felt like they needed to push their self-imposed timeline up a year to move into varsity. I recall when John and the Holy Cross team took big losses in their first season or two back in the late 1990's and I know Randy and the Cooper boys also took some big losses in their first two seasons. Cooper started off their program by playing two of the rivals in their school district in Ryle and Conner though. Those were very capable teams, to say the least. Let's be honest here though, as much as I'm a Holy Cross fan, it's is a struggling football program right now.

Like theguru said Rome wasn't built in a day, but getting clobbered like that by the current Holy Cross program is more like having your blanket fort knocked over than it is having the Murus Romuli tested by tribes from the barbarian kingdoms.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

Like theguru said Rome wasn't built in a day, but getting clobbered like that by the current Holy Cross program is more like having your blanket fort knocked over than it is having the Murus Romuli tested by tribes from the barbarian kingdoms.

I am in tears.  ?

You know everyone, we try to keep it real at BGP.  No one wants to beat up on St. Henry, in fact most of us are probably rooting for them, but getting clocked by Holy Cross translates to a painful season.  Hang in there, Cru.

12 minutes ago, Cincinnati Cobra said:

I talked to some folks pretty recently and we were all wondering out loud about why St. Henry felt like they needed to push their self-imposed timeline up a year to move into varsity. I recall when John and the Holy Cross team took big losses in their first season or two back in the late 1990's and I know Randy and the Cooper boys also took some big losses in their first two seasons. Cooper started off their program by playing two of the rivals in their school district in Ryle and Conner though. Those were very capable teams, to say the least. Let's be honest here though, as much as I'm a Holy Cross fan, it's is a struggling football program right now.

Like theguru said Rome wasn't built in a day, but getting clobbered like that by the current Holy Cross program is more like having your blanket fort knocked over than it is having the Murus Romuli tested by tribes from the barbarian kingdoms.

cringing-anthony-mcpartlin.gif

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am in tears.  ?

You know everyone, we try to keep it real at BGP.  No one wants to beat up on St. Henry, in fact most of us are probably rooting for them, but getting clocked by Holy Cross translates to a painful season.  Hang in there, Cru.

That's definitely the point I was trying to make, yes.

  • Author
Just now, Cincinnati Cobra said:

That's definitely the point I was trying to make, yes.

I know, we both have much love for St. Henry.  I especially like the festival. 

Don't know of any schools that beats that mascot !

Got stuck once marching in the Ft. Mitchell parade behind the horses.  I had no idea how long that parade was until every step taken was dodging equine excess.  Has the AD got a designated pre-game cleanup crew for the fabulous mascot?  It will happen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.