Northwestern 24 Kentucky 23

16thBBall Fan

I did not like going for two. Complete the comeback and then go into OT.

Factors favoring OT included Kentucky still had its starting QB; a better kicker; and momentum coming back from 10 down.

Lacking Snell took the run option out of the 2-pt play and the receivers poor performance were negative factors.

Felt a bit like a selfish call from the coaching staff - heroes and kisses for the entire off season if it works, but not much consequence if it does not.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspect that FG they had to forego because of the bench unsportsmanlike conduct penalty would've been handy.

Allowing 34 to continue to be on your team suggests a lack of control and shows all of your players that there are no consequences for stupidity and repeatedly failing to listen / learn.

Call against Snell was silly.

Call against 42 for NW was ridiculous.

Coaching by Fitzgerald was reckless.

Snell getting ejected for contact with an official is really disappointing. Continue to see a pattern of no discipline within the program.

I think you're the only person with this opinion who has seen the incident... Or your trolling. Hopefully trolling.

Snell getting ejected for contact with an official is really disappointing. Continue to see a pattern of no discipline within the program.

I'll side with the multitude of college football analyists and sportswriters who have taken to Twitter to say that the ref shouldn't work again. Even Northwestern alums are talking about how ridiculous the ejection was. This issue might be the first thing that I have agreed with Olbermann on in about 15 years.

I think you're the only person with this opinion who has seen the incident... Or your trolling. Hopefully trolling.

It’s never a wise move to shrug off an official. The situation was weird and the official over-reacted but the Marshawn Lynch attitude isn’t beneficial for him.

I did not like going for two. Complete the comeback and then go into OT.

Factors favoring OT included Kentucky still had its starting QB; a better kicker; and momentum coming back from 10 down.

Lacking Snell took the run option out of the 2-pt play and the receivers poor performance were negative factors.

Felt a bit like a selfish call from the coaching staff - heroes and kisses for the entire off season if it works, but not much consequence if it does not.

Going for 2 in that situation is not selfish at all. Because you also know if you miss it, you will be second guessed all off season. They did what they thought was the best chance to win.

Everyone keeps saying take your chance in OT and that your gambling with going for the win. But why? Are you gambling going to OT? To me both are gambles and taking a chance. Hell kicking an extra point isn't a given.

Play the percentages. The chance of kicking an extra point is much greater than the chance of succeeding at a 2 point conversion. Extend the game. Keep extending it until you win or lose. For 95% of those seniors, that 2 point conversion was the last play of organized football of their lives.

I don't hate the call. I understand Coach Stoops' intentions. I also understand he makes more a year than I will the remainder of my life to make those decisions. I just don't agree with it.