Northwestern 24 Kentucky 23

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s never a wise move to shrug off an official. The situation was weird and the official over-reacted but the Marshawn Lynch attitude isn’t beneficial for him.

You are just wrong on Benny. He isn't Jordan Jones. Just the opposite. The Ref lied about how it went down IMO. Ridiculous call.

Not based on today's game. They played hard, seemed prepared, and was competitive. Stoops didn't make any boneheaded decisions. Now Fitz did.

Stoops had a chance to rally the team and defend one of his players on a horriable call, he sat on his hands and bent over and took it. No leadership, UK should have won this game by 20 if not more. Stoops has to go.

You are just wrong on Benny. He isn't Jordan Jones. Just the opposite. The Ref lied about how it went down IMO. Ridiculous call.

That’s true he isn’t pushing coaches but he’s created this alter ego that doesn’t allow refs to help him up apparently. It was a terrible call and he shouldn’t have been ejected but maybe he should just chill a tad bit. We all have to wait for the lyrics of his next song I guess.

I noticed one time after an incompleted pass to Bowden he refused the help of a Northwestern defender to help him up. Certainly, Bowden had no obligation to accept the help, but it struck me as petty. I like UK but I don't like the way some of the players are acting as if they're God's gift to football, especially in light of UK's mediocrity. At this time UK has no reason to act haughty---they have not earned it---and it makes them look foolish IMO.

I noticed one time after an incompleted pass to Bowden he refused the help of a Northwestern defender to help him up. Certainly, Bowden had no obligation to accept the help, but it struck me as petty. I like UK but I don't like the way some of the players are acting as if they're God's gift to football, especially in light of UK's mediocrity. At this time UK has no reason to act haughty---they have not earned it---and it makes them look foolish IMO.

Yes, this is where I am going with it. They don’t need to look hard in an exhibition game.

After going to the Music City Bowl, spending my hard earned money on tickets, food and entertainment...I promise you that I don't view it as an "exhibition game."

In the grand scheme of things, it may not mean a whole lot to casual fans, but it's a big deal to coaches, players and true fans.

I liked the going for 2 call that Stoops made. As for the game and especially the obvious terrible calls / no calls on NW that the Cats got, all I could think of is that especially the Referee (that made the chicken :poop: call) that kicked B. Snell out of the game ....Ol' white hat should've at least taken the U.K. Coaches and Players out for dinner, drinks and a movie first.

No one can say if U.K. certainly would've won the game with Snell in the game but I sure would've like the chance to see.

Someone explain to me how Mark Richt can grab a referee twice and not get thrown out but Snell gets tossed??

Amen, to me it boils down to that officials ego. Mark Richt had every right to be upset though with the obvious holding call two officials missed that allowed the QB to have time to throw.

If the Kats can get to a playoff game or a big time bowl game, then they may get some real refs. But until they get to the big time, they aren't going to get big time refs and they will have to deal with little time white hat that wants to try to make a name for himself be it good or bad. Get better and take the lessons of this year and move on.