Transfers - Why does it bother you?

TheDeuce

Only people who get butt hurt about transfers are the schools/ fans who never get transfers.

Simple put, fix your school and parents won't transfer their children to other schools. In my area, there are three schools that routinely get student transfers more so then the other schools. Those three schools are the highest in the area in test scores, student achievement and the number of students that attend and graduate college. Coincidentally, those three schools do pretty well in sports as well. Schools that do well academically, normally do pretty well athletically.

Both of these.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if someone who as a kid that's a stud RB wants to move to Danville for the sole purpose of playing for the Ads, you have a problem with that?

Heck no. I'm sure that would be legit! :lol2:

I kid, I kid. I honestly don't care much for it. But I grew up at a time where everyone was loyal to their school and community. I can only recall one or two transfers during my time in high school.

Heck no. I'm sure that would be legit! :lol2:

I kid, I kid. I honestly don't care much for it. But I grew up at a time where everyone was loyal to their school and community. I can only recall one or two transfers during my time in high school.

:lol2:

I guess for me it’s no different than someone sending their kid to a different school because of academics. Some kids make it in life on grades, some make it on athletic ability. I don’t think it should matter why someone wants to transfer.

I like parity in HS sports. Kids transferring because they want to be a part of a super team or because daddy does not think they are getting the playing time they deserve drives me crazy.

Sometimes a kid is not a good fit on a team or the Coach does not

think they can contribute and they go elsewhere and thrive.

I don't see a problem with that especially if there is a chance the kid can get more exposure to possibly get a shot at a college scholarship.

I think it is a family decision and I agree that sometimes parents can be delusional

Simple put, fix your school and parents won't transfer their children to other schools. In my area, there are three schools that routinely get student transfers more so then the other schools. Those three schools are the highest in the area in test scores, student achievement and the number of students that attend and graduate college. Coincidentally, those three schools do pretty well in sports as well. Schools that do well academically, normally do pretty well athletically.

I have noticed the same thing.

I can speak just for Jefferson County. If a kid who is a talented singer, dancer or actor transfers to Manual so they can attend the Youth Performing Arts School no one bats an eye.

Why is it different if a kid transfers because he can enhance his athletic career?

Exactly.

I don’t understand people that get tore up about holding kids back either. If all are done within the rules then why do you care? Worry about you and yours.

The KHSAA transfer rule only benefits coaches and schools. It only hurts student athletes. I believe sports is part of the entire education process. So why should kids not be able to transfer without having to be punished.

If a kid wants to transfer because they see an opportunity to play then theybshould be able too. Maybe the coaching staff isn’t who a kid wants to play for. Then why should they suffer?

I say let a kid transfer. Rule I would put in place is.... place you are enrolled in on August 1 is where you play for that year. So a kid could transfer 3 times during his high school time.

Everyone butt hurt over transfers should look in the mirror at why kids want to leave. I have seen schools and coaches go above and beyond on trying to block kids from getting cleared to play. In the end only kids suffer.

For me as long as it is done within the system, then I am OK with it. Now for those schools who get caught cheating the system, they should get the death penalty for the remainder of the current season and then for one additional year. If they get caught a second time then they are done for good.

The one thing that bugs me is when a school uses the voucher system and they claim the stud athletes they brought in was all for educational reason. Be honest and say we brought the studs in because they can help us win and our currents players are not as good, as the voucher kids.

Exactly.

I don’t understand people that get tore up about holding kids back either. If all are done within the rules then why do you care? Worry about you and yours.

The holding back issue is for another thread. That has been a problem for people for a very long time. But I more than agree with you when it comes to transferring.

Sometimes a kid is not a good fit on a team or the Coach does not

think they can contribute and they go elsewhere and thrive.

I don't see a problem with that especially if there is a chance the kid can get more exposure to possibly get a shot at a college scholarship.

I think it is a family decision and I agree that sometimes parents can be delusional

I agree with part of your statement. But have a hard time thinking if junior is not getting exposure at one team means he can jump to another and get his college offer.

Transfers are fine, just don't go around talking about how great your teams tradition is and how we just work harder than everyone else when the star RB or QB happens to be from some other district, city or county. When Pineville plays Lynn Camp it "Should" be with kids from those communities not an All Star Team picked from the surrounding areas.

High School Sports at it's core is one city versus another or one county versus another for bragging rights on the field or court. That is no longer what we have in Kentucky or in most states now...I'd be willing to bet there isn't a state champion in Kentucky that drew all of their players solely from their geographic district. I'm sure someone could show me the paper work proving each kid "lives" inside the geographic boundaries but the people that really know what's going on know that's not what's going on. At some point those kids went elsewhere and "legally transferred" into the district to play on a better sports team. And that is fine, just don't tell me how great your little 1A school is compared to everyone else when you are drawing players from a base the size of a 3A or 4A school.

If a school is an independent school district that accepts tuition students, what is it's geographic district?

For me as long as it is done within the system, then I am OK with it. Now for those schools who get caught cheating the system, they should get the death penalty for the remainder of the current season and then for one additional year. If they get caught a second time then they are done for good.

The one thing that bugs me is when a school uses the voucher system and they claim the stud athletes they brought in was all for educational reason. Be honest and say we brought the studs in because they can help us win and our currents players are not as good, as the voucher kids.

Don't think Kentucky has a voucher system?